Recommend dive operators in San Juan and Fajardo?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Synonymous

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Going to be in Puerto Rico next week, staying in San Juan. I'm planning on driving to La Parguera to dive one day, but I'd also like to dive closer to where I'm staying (even though I know it's not as good.) Any recommendations for whom to dive with in San Juan and Fajardo?

Thanks

I am guessing you've probably already left.... but if you're in Fajardo I would use Seaventures diving (Scuba Diving Puerto Rico's Caribbean with Sea Ventures Dive Centers - Fajardo & Palmas del Mar in Humacao, Puerto Rico). They are a great outfit. I used them last year and had a wonderful time. There isn't much diving in San Juan itself. It's on the Atlantic side of the island and the waves are a bit rougher. If you really want to dive in San Juan, Escambron Park is located between Condado and Old San Juan. It's a small marine park in a protected cove. I believe Scuba Dogs has a shop there. I haven't dove Escambron myself so I have no first hand knowledge of it.

Thanks for the tips anyway, I will remember for when we go back. We used Casa del Mar. They did a very good job, although their shop was hard to find.

Was Casa del Mar in San Juan or elsewhere? I'm going there the first week of September.

It's in Fajardo, about an hour drive. I don't think there is really much diving in San Juan itself. Our resort was in San Juan and the trips they were booking were also in Fajardo.

I went with Casa Del Mar on Aug 11th...my birthday! I saw lots of turtles. It is one of those dives where you are limited by your least common denominator. However when this happened they sent a seperate person with the air super suckers so the grp could stay down longer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom