Puerto Rico Thanksgiving weekend - Fajardo/Culebra

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

phishphood

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi there. I'm heading down to PR with a group of 7-9 people for 5 nights and am in charge of trying to find a good compromise between diving, snorkeling and beaching. Right now we have an entirely free day in Fajardo that they were thinking of doing a water-based tour. I was wondering if anyone knows of any tours that depart/drop off from Fajardo that include SCUBA/snorkel combo and some time @ Flamenco beach? I know it's a tough bill to fill, but with such a large group I'm not so hot at trying to coordinate everyone getting on the ferry and there are only 2, possibly 4 divers that will be there so the SCUBA/snorkel combo is key. I've found a few that are a nice catamaran sail from Fajardo to Culebra with 2 stops for snorkelin, usually including Flamenco that are my back up plan as I'll just switch to practicing freediving.

Also, anyone know of any tours pickup/drop in Fajardo that do the Mosquito Bay biobay trip? Is it worth the extra time/effort/cost to get to Mosquito vs Fajardo biobay? Thanks a ton everyone.

Have you checked out Seaventures (http://www.divepuertorico.com)? I have heard that they do trips to the Spanish Virgins but I am guessing it's not scheduled. They do take snorkelers on board but I don't know if they stop at the beach. There is also Casa del Mar (Scuba Puerto Rico | Scuba Diving Puerto Rico | Dive Puerto Rico | Casa del Mar Dive Center). They may offer something similar. I've dove with both shops but only in Fajardo itself. The shops usually do the longer trips on Saturday or Sunday. I suggest you call them (do not rely on e-mail). Sorry I can't help you regarding the Mosquito bay. If you go diving/snorkeling only in Fajardo, just know that the visibility can be iffy. If you do a half day dive/snorkely tour, I suggest you go to Luquillo Beach (between Fajardo and San Juan) for lunch. There's a bunch of kiosks by the side of the road (look for the turn off that says kioskos). Grab some food and then walk over to the beach and relax. Luquillo Beach is quite nice.

I've been to Puerto Rico many times. You will have a great time!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom