How are Bahamas, Cozumel, Caymans water temps at New Years?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mike_s

Contributor
Reaction score
might be headed on a cruise boat trip with the wife over New Years Eve time period. Not sure where we are going, but it'll most likely be a 3,4, or 5 night trip so that pretty much limits the cruise boats from Florida to the Bahamas, Grand Cayman, or Cozumel.

So... wanting to get some diving in over that time, how's the water temps in
these locations during the end of December and first of January?
looking for water temps, wetsuit needs, etc.

thanks. -Mike

Temps here in Grand Cayman for that time can vary from 80 to 82f depending on how many cold fronts have come through before then!!
Personally I will probably be wearing a full 3/2 mm suit by then but most visitors are quite comfortable in a 3mm shorty.

CJ

I've been to Grand Cayman before for New Year's and I was glad to have my pancho for in between dives. It wasn't cold but there was a bit of a breeze.

Suzanne

Cozumel over NewYears was great temps both air and water (was there two years ago). I dove to 30ft in a suit only. I was chilled but not cold and am usually freezing(skinny female)!! If I had it to do over again I'd wear a 3mm to be perfectly comfortable. Same goes for Grand Cayman. We visited Stingray City and were comfortable during a rain storm in bathing suits.

Miranda

Back
Top Bottom