diving in Las Terrenas/Samana, DR

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jsh

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
OK... finally found a trip that we are actually going to book, going to Las Terrenas Dec. 24-31. Staying at a resort called Aligio Beach Resort.

Was wondering if anyone has been diving there, recommend anyone to dive with? Anything that's a must do? thanks

Jsh

Hola

I live in DR and i dive with Aligio everytime that i go to Las Terrenas , they are very experienced and they provide good personal service . I dive always with Paolo ( DM ) but last time was 1 year ago.

Las Ballenas is a very peculiar dive site with a lot of swim-trough small tunnels and caves , not a lot of corals but is a nice experience .

The best diving around is at the very tip of the peninsula of Samana . The place name is Cabo Cabron and it have several different dive sites ( Tibisi , La Catedral and Piedra Bonita - The Pinnacle ) . I don't know if they go in their boats because is more than 20 kms far but is bordering a really scenic coast , so if the weather is good it will be a great daytrip. Probably you will hear the humpback whales singing when you dive there.

Las Terrenas have some beautiful beach areas ( Punta Bonita is the best ) also some good small restaurants at Pueblo de los Pescadores and Hotel Atlantis.

If you like to experience something more exotic , try to arrange a daytrip to Las Galeras . Once there go to Playa Fronton by boat and you will be rewarded with a very spectacular sight .

Good luck

Quite a few years ago I dived with Poppy Divers who were fine & took us to Cabo Cabron which is recommended.

Elbuzo,

Thanks for the info, I booked Dec. 24-31, maybe I'll see you there... I will research some of the other places you told me about.

Nipi, I googled poppy divers and can't find them, I will look when I get there.

Jsh

went, dove 2 dives, really not worth it... aside from a couple of big lobster and a few big king crab, not much to see, it was worth spending the money so I don't have to wonder about whether it was worth it or not... thanks..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom