Turks and Caicos -- Live Aboards

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Newhampster

Contributor
Reaction score
Looking for a Live Aboard in the Turks and Caicos. Trying to plan something for late July this year.

Any experiences with Sea Dancer, Wind Dancer (both Peter Hughes ships) or Turks and Caicos Aggressor (Aggressor line)?

How much do they charge for a single supplement (i.e., one person in a stateroom)?

What menu variety can I get? (I typically eat vegetarian style but a couple of fish meals are OK.)

-- Thanks,

...well, I've booked myself on Peter Hughes' Wind Dancer, 28 July to 4 Aug...so I'll post my experiences when I get back...

peter hughes runs a awsome ship, i have a friend who works for him

I traveled aboard the Wind Dancer last June. Unfortunately we had a terrible crew. They were too busy with each other to care about the passengers. They were never available. After the 3rd time we had to call them to the dive deck because it was time to dive, we decided to just go in without them. They didn't realize we were gone for 20 minutes!! They never watched out bubbles, I had to do a rescue/assist because they weren't paying attention, they didn't check air and a few divers jumped in the water without their air on.

When more than 1/2 the passengers on the ship wrote letters of complaint, we all got the same form letter (2 months later) saying that our expectations were too high. No one from that trip will ever take Peter Hughes again. I recommend the Aggressor! Their service is fantastic and they have a very high priority on safety.

Good luck with your trip. I believe that crew has finally been let go.

Back
Top Bottom