Turks and Caicos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sharksighter

Reaction score
I've read quite a few posts regarding Beaches Resort. We were there in May of 2000 and encountered the Jellyfish migration. We were bussed to the south side of the Island took the boat and dove West Caicos. It was incredible as most others have noted the wall plunges to 6,000 feet. The diving in Grace bay is nice but certainly does not compare to West Caicos. I've heard Beaches goes to Northwest Point but never saw a boat go there while I was there! Also to French Cay but the same as well. Anyone help out here as to why not. When I was there most of the people we dove with were quite experienced. We are going to Beaches again in May, the resort is 4+ stars and the food is wonderful. We have the rugrats 7 and 10 so we need a shepard to watch over the kids (kids program is great) while we are hearded on the boat. Actually some of the dive leaders are quite good, avoid the certification dives as they don't go as deep. I was wondering if the diving at the resort has taken a turn for the worst?

Tim I took your advice and booked my wife and I with Fifi for the Thursday 3 tanker I'll let you know how it goes. Any other input is certainly appreciated.

You will not be disappointed. You will wish you booked all of your dives with Fifi!! French Cay is the best!! I can't wait for the trip report. :D :D :D

We took our first trip to Provo last year and will tell you that West Caicos and the areas that Fifi goes will be great. I don't think much but Little Cayman compares to diving in T-Caicos. We stayed a few doors down from beaches, the beach is quite beautiful. We dove for seven days with Fifi and were very happy. We also had a number of divers on the boat who were staying at Beaches and complaining that their dives were no good at Beaches.
Hope you have a great trip, just thinking about last year makes me want to go right now.;-0

Dive Safe
Caymanaic

Dive Provo is the best operator on the osland. Fantastic crew - great boats - 3 of them - and multiple departure points - North and South side.

I'll definitely second French Cay as the best site.

Hace you dove with Caicos Advetnures? I have never dove Dive Provo or Beaches but have heard comments from people who have. Fifi seems to get rave reviews consistently.

:) Well I'm booked with Caicos Adventures for May 8th for the 3 tanker - can't wait. I e-mailed them to see what kind of notice they need if the dive ops at Beaches suck this year. At Beaches you get a daily 2-tanker included with resort fees so I will probably dive with them the first 2-days but make it a point to let them know I want good dives!! I'll call Fifi or maybe check out Dive Provo if Beaches sucks. Too bad my trip is so far off but I have to get a everyones taxes done before I can play.

I've dived with both provo and caicos adventures. My recommendation is caicos adventures. Boat is stunning and super quick. French Cay or West Caicos every day. If you dive for 7 days with DP you will end up in grace bay on a least 2 of those. Dive the wall with Fifi every day. I did enjoy my diving with Provo very much but CA has the edge.

Neil

Is the diving on turks to much for a new diver?

No way. No current. Big walls. Lots of big stuff. If you are intimidated by the abyss over the wall you can always hang out on top.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom