Report on Wave Dancer trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chuck Cox

Reaction score
We, my wife and I and another couple, returned a few weeks ago from the most incredible diving vacation I could ever imagine. The diving was not exceptional due to Tropical Storm Chantel but the Wave Dancer was unbelievable. We only missed four dives due to the storm (actually logged 22 dives) but the weather in the areas they usually dive forced us farther south to dive sites they don't usually go to. We were actually closer to Roatan than Belize City most of the week.

Since the diving was uneventful by Belize standards, my report is more about the Wave Dancer than the diving itself. we had 20 guests on board with a crew of eight. The vessel itself is nothing but 1st class. Large staterooms each with private baths and very comforatable beds. The dive deck is huge with every thing you need. As you get back on the boat after every dive you immediately step under one of two hot, fresh water showers. As you strip off your wet suit, within 2 seconds (literally) one of the crew wraps a large fluffy hot towel over your shoulders and massages your back. After the night dives you are also handed a steaming cup of hot chocolate while your back is being rubbed. The pampering just goes on and on. Hot chocolate or coffee delivered to your room every morning. Fresh towels twice a day in your room. Sheets turned down every night with a mint on your pillow. There's no end to it.

Probably the high points of each day were the three gourmet meals served daily. You will not find better food in fine restaurants anywhere. The cajun snapper, orange duck, porkchops, Mexican food, pasta, curried shrimp and lobster were as tasty as any you've ever had. Don't even get me started on the salads and desserts.

With all that can be said good about the trip, the most amazing thing was the crew of eight who worked together so well. I don't think they ever slept and yet worked incredibly hard around the clock. They obviously loved and respected each other and never once did I see any of them without a smile.

Maybe it's like this on every liveaboard but I doubt it. I highly recommend Peter Hughes Wave Dancer but warning... this could ruin you for life. Going back to land based operations is going to be tough.

Oh yes, and the diving's not bad either.

Chuck Cox

Chuck,
Wow! Sounds like my kinda trip. I love all that pampering.
Thanks for taking the time to share! Glad you had a great time!
:sunny:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom