Diving and Toddler Activities

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kpleynes

Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone brought a toddler along with them to the Carribean? My husband and I are planning a trip and were wondering whether it was ok to bring our 3 year old along or not. We would like to go diving maybe 3 times during that week.
Can anyone recommend a resort that has great activities for kids and has access to dive shops?

We stayed at the Beaches resort in the Turks & Caicos with our 2 year old last May. They have an excellent kids program with great employees that take care of the kids. The kids' camp is part of the all inclusive package and I think you can hire nannies for an additional fee if you one on one care. Very professional and safe for the kids. The kids' camp even lets you drop of your child earlier than they offically open up if you are going diving. Very convenient. Plus the diving is out of the this world in the T&Cs.

We usually have a toddler or two in our group when we go to Bonaire, another place with lots of child-friendly programs and easy-to-hire competent help.
And wonderful diving too.
Rick

In Cayman, Morritt's and the Westin offer kids programs. I think the Hyatt does too.

Resorts know that diving is often a big reason that parents look for child care. Many kids club programs will have hours to accomdate your schedule. You may not be able to drop off the kids and then drive across the island, so look to dive with an operator that fits the child care schedule.

You may be able to enroll your kids in a child care program at a resort even if you are not staying there. Usually the child must be potty trained.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom