Turks and Caicos in May - H2O temps

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SandyUT

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello All,

We counting down to a trip in May. The water temp charts are not month by month, so...Anyone been to T&C in mid May?

I am thinking 3mm shortie will be more than adequate.

We will be on an aggressor for a week so diving all day. that is where the questions come into play. We have 3mm shorties and 2/3 full suits. One , the other, or both?

Any thoughts?

We did the Explorer the 3rd week of May last year. I wore a t-shirt but I never get cold. Everyone else had lightweight suits or skins. Two of the ladies on the boat used both. The DM's dove in shorties but they only dove occasionally since our groups were all pretty experienced. My buddy is thin, he wore his 3mil. Twice at night off either NW Point or West Caicos (can't recall which) we hit some colder currents, I wished I would've brought a skin for those nights.

hth,

3mm shorty or .5 mm skin will be plenty. Temps should be in the low 80s

Many thanks!!! I like traveling light! I think the shortie will do it.

WOOOO cant wait to get there.

We just got back from TCI last week, the wife dove in a 3 mil shortie and never got cold, so I imagine it will be even better come May!

Woooo. How was the diving. We are on the t&c aggressor with 7 friends mid may. Very very excited! The weather has been looking prety decent.

Woooo. How was the diving. We are on the t&c aggressor with 7 friends mid may. Very very excited! The weather has been looking prety decent.

The diving was beyond incredible. It seems like each day, we had some sort of close-encounter with wildlife. A few stringrays, I got dive-bombed by a sea turtle, one dive I got intimate with a very inquisitive reef shark and after our the last dive, there was a pod of dolphins playing around our boat. A few of us managed to grab snorkles and fins and slip back into the water and swim with the pod as they passed by which is pretty much the most amazing thing I've ever experienced in the water.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom