Where to dive... (going on a cruise to southern caribbean)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hungjai7

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hey,

I'm looking for some expert knowledge of where to go... going on a cruise Aug 25 my ports will be

St. Thomas:
Barbados:
St. Lucia:
St. Kitts:
St. Maarten:

I guess out of the 5 locations which 2 places I should go diving?

Thanks,
HunGJaI

Last edited:
Ive dived St. Lucia and St. Thomas. In St. Lucia the best diving is around the pitons south of the cruise ship dock. I'm not sure if the cruise dive operator will go that far or not. The same is true of St. Thomas to some extent although I thoroughly enjoyed the two dives we did quite near the harbor. In St. Martin the diving is said to be less than average. I stuck to beaches and swimming.

I just returned from a cruise that I dove with Octopus divers on the French side of St Maartin unless you can be guaranteed going to the deeper areas don't bother. I was restricted to 15-25 foot dead reef 1/2 mile off the beach there is a big rock they take you to I was diving with my 11 yo junior OW. It was good for her first ocean dive but pretty boring. I was told the JOW dives would be in the 30-40 foot range but the guys running the boat said they did not have anything in that range. If you do go to that side of the island make sure you have lunch at lulu's or something like that 6 family BBQs in a large area the Red and Blue are really good. $1 beer and $5 rack of ribs

We dove in St Thomas through Coki Beach Dive Club while visiting on a cruise ship. The nice part about their set up is they are right next to a public beach with great snorkeling. So while we were diving, the non-diving family and friends were snorkeling or laying on the beach and had bathrooms and food/drinks all right there. Great day that we could include everyone in!

I did a liveaboard years ago that left from St. Maarten. We did no diving around St. Maarten itself, but we did St. Kitts and it was really good...saw lots of large sea turtles. My second choices would be either St. Lucia or St. Thomas.

Thanks for the input...I will check them out for sure...

I also got 2 cuz coming as well..but probably only doing discovery dives

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom