Curacao am I on the right track?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dah466

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Here is what I am thinking regarding planning a trip to Curacao December 2015 for 8 days. This is based on some great feedback I received from previous posts and I thank you for those. Stay in the Lagun area. Sounds like 10 minutes to Westpunt and 30 to Willemstad. Probably stay at Lagoon Resort. Would like to stay on the water and away from town(Willemstad), also need a pool. We will need to rent regulators, BCD's and weights. My thought is to find the nearest dive shop in Lagun and rent these items for the week. We will rent tanks from each individual dive site and dive shop. This is so different from Bonaire but I think for our situation it makes sense. We will only do 2 dives a day. With that in mind I wont have to haul tanks around and we can rent a car no problem. So if I understand this correctly when we rent 2 tanks from whichever dive shop I am visiting that particular day this should allow me access to there rinse tanks, showers and lockers? How much is it on average for one tank? I am not sure who to rent a car from but my guess is it will be someone near the airport. Please let me know if there is anything you would tweak based on past experience.​

Here is what I am thinking regarding planning a trip to Curacao December 2015 for 8 days. This is based on some great feedback I received from previous posts and I thank you for those. Stay in the Lagun area. Sounds like 10 minutes to Westpunt and 30 to Willemstad. Probably stay at Lagoon Resort. Would like to stay on the water and away from town(Willemstad), also need a pool. We will need to rent regulators, BCD's and weights. My thought is to find the nearest dive shop in Lagun and rent these items for the week. We will rent tanks from each individual dive site and dive shop. This is so different from Bonaire but I think for our situation it makes sense. We will only do 2 dives a day. With that in mind I wont have to haul tanks around and we can rent a car no problem. So if I understand this correctly when we rent 2 tanks from whichever dive shop I am visiting that particular day this should allow me access to there rinse tanks, showers and lockers? How much is it on average for one tank? I am not sure who to rent a car from but my guess is it will be someone near the airport. Please let me know if there is anything you would tweak based on past experience.​

What do you want hotel-wise? I - and my family - am partial to the Marriott. Dive op on-site, so you'll have gear rinse, storage, etc daily regardless of where you might get tanks on a given day, Though I think their package makes just getting tanks from them daily.

They have car rental on site, so you can just rent for a handful of days if you want rather than the whole trip.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom