Compass Point/Ocean Frontiers and 1st Trip to GCM

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bcline76

Registered
Reaction score
I've been lurking on this board for a few years now but I wanted to thank everyone for their posts and all of the information we can find here. After searching posts (and TripAdvisor) my wife and I decided to book a trip to Compass Point and will dive with Ocean Frontiers. This was a pretty last minute trip and we arrive this Saturday (2/14)!! I would love to hear any suggestions on arrivail/customs, driving (we'll have a rental car) and dinning options on the East End. We are planning to stop at the grocery store by the airport for some staples but other than that (and diving) we have no other plans.

Any helpful tips or advice is greatly appreciated!

Thanks all....

I really like OF for diving. There is a smaller grocery further around the island from CP, in a strip mall on the left. Its selection is far more limited than the groceries on the west side but it might be handy sometimes during your stay and is a short ride.
On your way out to CP, you will pass a lighthouse restaurant on the right. We like going there sometimes. Its nice to sit outside there if the weather is cooperative.
A visit to the stingrays is worth it, from our view.

When we head down to GC and stay and dive with OF for a short trip we usually include the following. On arrival, after getting out of the airport, we head straight to Turtle Reef, change and get in our first dive. Turtle Reef is about a 15 min ride from the airport. Change in the restrooms, get your tank, gear up and jump in. After a dive, have lunch. Then head out to OF. If you are arriving late morning or mid day this works out great. As far as dining options, the Eagle Ray at OF is a great choice for lunch or easy dinner. On the edge or Over the edge about a 15 minute ride from OF is a great place for lunch, old cayman style, not fancy but good seafood and right on the water. Spending an afternoon at Rum Point preferably on a noncruise ship day or after the cruiseship crowd has cleared out is also nice. There is a small grocery and liquor store down the road but we just use it for the basics. Enjoy the trip

Back
Top Bottom