Need San Juan hotel suggestions (near airport)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaTexas

Contributor
Reaction score
We have an overnight layover in San Juan on our way to the BVIs. Does anyone have any recommendations for a safe, quiet, clean and not too expensive (<$140/night) hotel to grab a nights sleep before jumping on a plane the next morning?

ScubaTexas:
We have an overnight layover in San Juan on our way to the BVIs. Does anyone have any recommendations for a safe, quiet, clean and not too expensive (<$140/night) hotel to grab a nights sleep before jumping on a plane the next morning?
I stayed over night in the Hampton Inn close to the airport last February and it was fine. I don't remember how much it cost though. As I recall most of the motels in San Juan were a little on the high side.
Luke

ScubaLuke:
I stayed over night in the Hampton Inn close to the airport last February and it was fine. I don't remember how much it cost though. As I recall most of the motels in San Juan were a little on the high side.
Luke

If you want to remain relatively close to the airport, you'll probably end up in something on the Isla Verde Strip, which will be more than adequate and probably somewhat pricey. It's a shame too, because if you stay in old san juan, you can make more of your stay and see a lot more. Then again, it depends on how long your layover is. It may not be worth it.

Try the Marriott Courtyard in Isla Verde. They are reasonablly priced for the area and very close to the airport.

SW

Try the Marriott Courtyard in Isla Verde. They are reasonably priced for the area and very close to the airport.

SW

Has anyone tried the Best Western located at the Airport (it use to be a Ramada Inn)?

I understand that it was remodeled in August 2004 but I'm always of little skeptical of airport hotels. They seem more like a place to stare at the ceiling and listen to airplanes take off all night rather than a place to catch some sleep. I hoping someone might have stayed there recently and can shed some light on sound proofing and the noise from overnight flights at SJU. Thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom