Welcome to ScubaBoard, an online scuba diving forum community where you can join over 205,000 divers diving from around the world. If the topic is related to scuba diving, this is the place to find divers talking about it. To gain full access to ScubaBoard (and make this large box go away) you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Participate in over 500 dive topic forums and browse from over 5,500,000 posts.
  • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
  • Post your own photos or view from well over 100,000 user submitted images.
  • Gain access to our free classifieds marketplace to buy, sell and trade gear, travel and services.
  • Use the calendar to organize your events and enroll in other members' events.
  • Find a dive buddy or communicate directly with scuba equipment manufacturers.

All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

NEW for 2014 Access SBlogbook for members. It allows you to directly upload data from your dive computer, validate your logs digitally, link your dives to photos, videos, dive centers (9,000 on file), fishes (14,000 on file) and much more.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the ScubaBoard Support Team.

Thread: Where to dive... (going on a cruise to southern caribbean)

New User

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    0 - 24

Where to dive... (going on a cruise to southern caribbean)

Hey,

I'm looking for some expert knowledge of where to go... going on a cruise Aug 25 my ports will be

St. Thomas:
    Barbados:
    St. Lucia:
    St. Kitts:
    St. Maarten:

I guess out of the 5 locations which 2 places I should go diving?

Thanks,
    HunGJaI
    Last edited by hungjai7; August 4th, 2013 at 03:37 PM.

Registered

Is going to Thailand!

Dives
    200 - 499
    Photos
    Ive dived St. Lucia and St. Thomas. In St. Lucia the best diving is around the pitons south of the cruise ship dock. I'm not sure if the cruise dive operator will go that far or not. The same is true of St. Thomas to some extent although I thoroughly enjoyed the two dives we did quite near the harbor. In St. Martin the diving is said to be less than average. I stuck to beaches and swimming.
    So I got a tattoo of a turtle on my arm and a woman on the dive boat said "Oooh thats a nice tattoo. Do you like turtles?"

mod

Has not set a "status"

Photos
    I'd pick St. Thomas also. Either with Admiralty or Blue Island Divers. Both pick you up off the cruise dock.
    Scuba Diving in St. Thomas at USVI Dive Center | Admiralty Dive Center
    St. Thomas scuba diving

Registered

Has not set a "status"

I just returned from a cruise that I dove with Octopus divers on the French side of St Maartin unless you can be guaranteed going to the deeper areas don't bother. I was restricted to 15-25 foot dead reef 1/2 mile off the beach there is a big rock they take you to I was diving with my 11 yo junior OW. It was good for her first ocean dive but pretty boring. I was told the JOW dives would be in the 30-40 foot range but the guys running the boat said they did not have anything in that range. If you do go to that side of the island make sure you have lunch at lulu's or something like that 6 family BBQs in a large area the Red and Blue are really good. $1 beer and $5 rack of ribs

Registered

Coz/PDC in Nov!

Dives
    50 - 99
    We dove in St Thomas through Coki Beach Dive Club while visiting on a cruise ship. The nice part about their set up is they are right next to a public beach with great snorkeling. So while we were diving, the non-diving family and friends were snorkeling or laying on the beach and had bathrooms and food/drinks all right there. Great day that we could include everyone in!

Registered

Search for Christy Wain Travel
    to see my Facebook page :)

Dives
    200 - 499
    I did a liveaboard years ago that left from St. Maarten. We did no diving around St. Maarten itself, but we did St. Kitts and it was really good...saw lots of large sea turtles. My second choices would be either St. Lucia or St. Thomas.

New User

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    0 - 24
    Thanks for the input...I will check them out for sure...

I also got 2 cuz coming as well..but probably only doing discovery dives