Turks and Caicos first week of April

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba_pilot737

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hey guys

Heading to T&C first week of April for a wedding, will be there the for 7 days and planning on doing at least 2 days of diving. Staying at The Sands at Grace Bay. I am a beginner diver with only a dozen dives under my belt. Any recommends for dive shops? Places to avoid? Any recommends on things I should see or avoid on the dives? And anyone know they water conditions/temps that time of year?

Cheers

In April 2013, computer showed an average of about 78F on the water temp so a 3mm was really comfortable.

We used Dive Provo, had a great time. West Caicos and French Cay are amazing sites but you'll be back to the hotel around 3-4pm.

Hi,
I worked there as an instructor for just over a year. The dive conditions are normally very easy. (although you do need to master your buoyancy on any walls anywhere). Just use your head and don't go out if the water is rough and you do not feel comfortable.
As to operators. They are all good and safe. Since new to diving, start off with trips diving in Grace Bay. The wall starts at 40-60 feet and drops to a max of just over 100 feet. Also a nice short boat ride. Once comfortable there, go out to the further reefs at NW Point with walls plunging to a few 1000 feet.
My personal favourite dive sites are around French Cay. To get there is a long ride, and I think best to contact Caicos Adventures (if you can live with a Frenchman wearing a banana hammock) :)
I am near Toronto, to give me a call if you want more detailed information. 905-319-8818 ext 115.
Happy to advise even if you did not book your trip through us.
Happy diving.
Bryan

I was there for my wedding last May. Stayed at the Sands and went out with Dive Provo. Easy walk from the resort to the shop, or they will pick you up. The boats were comfortable and the crew was great.

I know this is late but if you can book with Dive Provo on wednesday they do a 3 tank trip usually to West Caicos or French Cay. Shop is a short walk form the Sands or they can pick you up.
Dove there on the TCI Explorer last year on at the time you are going 5 dives a day in a 3mm never got cold.

Have a great trip.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom