Recommendations for Bahamas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

waynel

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Wife and I have been diving for years. Florida Keys, Belize, Cozumel. We do not like cattle boats. We want six pack valet service, lots of fish and a decent beach for when not diving. Nassau a bit to costly for us. Any recommendations on places to stay and dive ops? Long time member of Scubaboard.

This might be an option to be off of the beaten path, Great Guana Cay. Abaco Diving and Snorkeling - Dive Guana. We dove with them a few years ago. A small friendly operation. We did not stay at any of the cottages because we were living on our boat, but the accomodations looked quait and clean. The diving in the Abacos is very, very good.

Access to Great Guana Cay is by flying from Ft Lauderdale or Miami to Marsh Harbor, then a short taxi ride to the ferry docks and a short boat ride to Great Guana Cay.

You will want to make the short walk to Nippers (or catch a golf cart taxi) at least once.
Nippers Beach Bar & Grill, Great Guana Cay, Abaco, Bahamas
Miles of uncrowded beaches.

There is so much more to the Bahamas than Nassau.

You could check out Eluthera. We had a
great week there a couple of years ago.

Consider Saba. It you would consider expanding your search area.

Last edited:
We really enjoy Freeport Grand Bahama. Room rates are cheap, Grand Bahama Scuba is a great dive op and a good variety of sites. Let me know if you want any info on lodging.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom