Solo diver looking for dive buddy in St. Croix 4/18-4/23/2014 for shore diving...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Are there any divers out there that will be in St. Croix around 4/18-4/23/2014 that would be into having me as a dive buddy? I'm solo traveling, and I want to do some shore diving at the pier, Cane Bay, etc... It's my first time in St. Croix- I arrive on 4/17, and I'm staying in Chistiansted. Also, any advice on where to dive would be awesome!

Thanks!

-Aaron

The pier is great day and night. Same for cane bay, same for Carambola. All three have air fills nearby and all three are great shore dives.

I use St Croix Ultimate Blue Water Experience SCUBA for boat dives on the east and west end.

Usually I can meet up with someone on the boat and find a buddy for shore dives.

Reggie in NC

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

We like Cane Bay Dive Shop. I know they can help fix you up with a buddy, and they will have a guide ready to go out with you if you like. They are always quick to answer my questions via email. Dive the Cane Bay Wall, it's an easy and amazing shore dive. Cane Bay Dive Shop can give you directions and a map for the wall dives. North Star can be done from shore, or by boat depending on conditions and your experience level. Their boat dives are great too. We loved the Salt River area boat dives, and for advanced divers Vertigo. We haven't done the Frederiksted Pier in many years, but we loved night diving on the old pier, and I understand that parts of it are still there.

I've never seen dive flags used on shore dives with the exception of someone diving solo off of Northstar. Dive flags are not required for shore dives on St Croix. I have shot a surface marker if I hear a boat.

Reggie in NC

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Are there any divers out there that will be in St. Croix around 4/18-4/23/2014 that would be into having me as a dive buddy? I'm solo traveling, and I want to do some shore diving at the pier, Cane Bay, etc... It's my first time in St. Croix- I arrive on 4/17, and I'm staying in Chistiansted. Also, any advice on where to dive would be awesome!

Thanks!

-Aaron
ill be here during those dates, i live here at Chenay Bay beach resort, contact me at 340-626-3467. No fees to be a buddy, im in it for the diving

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom