Internet on the Cayman Aggressor?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dallaskincaid

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
As much as I wanted to go on a "non-connected" vacation next week, I am in the middle of a large project and I know I'm going to be needed to answer some questions, etc. I'll be on the Cayman Aggressor all next week. Now the "Know before you go" sheet says they have Internet on board, but I'm trying to get the real skinny on what this means? Is it free? Is there wifi? If it costs money, how much money is it?

I'll have my phone with me for phone calls, but as everyone who travels knows, the American carriers charge you a mortgage payment to use data out of the country.

Thanks in advance for your help!

D

I seem to recall seeing a wifi connection show up on my computer but I did not use it. I wanted to be disconnected though. I also saw when off of Little Cayman that there was another connection named Lime. At the airport Lime was a free connection, don't know if it is off of Little Cayman or not.

I would email them info@aggressor.com and ask. They answered my questions via email in a timely manner.

Captain has internet access . Two weeks ago they were working on getting wi-fi . You could use captains computer for important situations . Do not count on wi-fi

As coldwaterlloyd says, there IS internet on the boat, but when we were on it last Sep it was clear that it could only be used in emergencies by passengers. The captain does daily reports on it and gets wx info. If the need was real, they might let you use it.
Ed

There are two primary cell phone companies in Cayman. LIME (formerly known as Cable & Wireless) and Digicel each offer internet and LIME has set up some Hot Spots for use by their customers that require an account to log on. That might account for seeing Wi-Fi signals names LIME.

Around Grand Cayman I know Digicel offers a unlimited use 4G LTE cell-based home internet account. Not sure but there is probably a business plan option if the Aggressor wanted to set up such an account to offer service to their guests. And no idea how their coverage is in the Sister Islands. Certainly there would be no signal during the crossing.

Back
Top Bottom