Beijing???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

marcbeaudry

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
anyone know of any outfits operating out of Beijing ?
there was at one time an operation called Sino Scuba , which seems to have dissapeared
(i'm possibly incorrect about that but email and telephone dont seem to be working )
can anyone recommend an organisation or know of any divers in the area ?
just recently moved to the area and HAVE to get some diving in !
cheers

marc

I'm in the same boat as you. I was just checking out sinoscuba.com. The site is still live. I'll email and call them also, see if they're still around.

I heard of freshwater lake dives in Mongolia and flooded Great Wall excursions. In Beijing, I hear you can dive in Blue Zoo aquarium. I'm gonna try that out for a quick fix and test out some new camera gear.

It's been a few months since you posted. We're you able to find any other leads?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is one guy here (foreigner) in Beijing that claims to be MSDT...........
He has his own website, besides his sporadic style at communicating, I never had a chance to speak to him, we have laboriously exchanged messages. He is still refusing to email me anything (I texted my eMail address), and he does not answer his phone neither...
The type that might have a social disorder... maybe also living under a tiny rock :)

And then, this worldwide farm : Big Blue
Which will only charge you 17.000USD !!! for your MSDT + Fees + Travel expenses + housing +++!!!

Last edited:
And then, this worldwide farm : Big Blue
Which will only charge you 17.000USD !!! for your MSDT + Fees + Travel expenses + housing +++!!!

I don't know how you read this or maybe using the wrong conversion rate. Here is what I see:
PADI OW is 6080RMB, which is like $990USD
AOW: 5380RMB, which is like $870USD
IDC+EFR+MSDT: 18000RMB, which is $3000USD

any way, quite high espeically consider the average income in China. I guess scuba is a still a luxury sport over there

Back
Top Bottom