UCF or USF students...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JahJahwarrior

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
...Those are my top two picks for a college. I'm leaning heavily towards UCF. I'm wondering if the dive clubs at either are very good (UCF has a better website :) ) and what you all think about the campuses, diving locations and other things too. Like, any problems storing wet gear ? :) I'm trying to decide which one is better and scuba has to factor into it, and most handouts from them don't discuss scuba....

I was President of the UCF dive club....get this...1976. Hey they are a great group!

You really should focus on which offers the best education in your feild. For the next 4 years that is your #1 priority. Get it right and you'll likely have more $$, happiness, and scuba time for the rest of your life...

Hell, they're only 2 hours apart anyway...

UF & UCF Almuni
Engineer & MBA

Oceanus:
You really should focus on which offers the best education in your feild

What the heck is an education? I don't know all of those fancy things, I do rec diving, not tec! If you want to talk about educations or whatever, maybe you should talk to the people on thedecostop.com, they have more people that know about rebreathers and all that.

^seriously though, I am thinking about an education but almost every state school in Florida has a decently good business program. If I wanted to study other things, I'd be more choosy, but because I just want to study business it seems the choices are wide open.

Business... yeah, public schools are close enough

Have you considered FIU? I hear there's a few places to dive in South FL... Lots of culture (pro or con), little pricey, but lots to do ...

Does FIU's dive team get to start fights on the field too?

The way I see it, I'm not going anywhere that won't pay my way :) I have 100% bright futures and some money from my dad's job (state employee), and some from my grand parents. I'm paying anything that goes beyond that, and I don't want to leave college with much, if any, debt. :)

Hey man, I was the VP of the club last year, if you want to chat about UCF feel free and give me a call or an email. 203 520 2816, or diveucf@gmail.com I still run the email there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom