Blue Grotto Sat Feb 9th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PolarbearBen

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello Everyone,

I am planning on going up to Blue Grotto this Sat Feb 9th. “Blue Grotto is a cavern system great for OW divers, and even a snorkel can get you around to several of interesting views. One of the more unique aspects of Blue Grotto is their fresh air filled "bell" at 30 feet that is a novelty many divers enjoy checking out. This air bell is constantly being supplied by a compressor, so you don't have to worry about CO2 retention. It can fit several divers in at once. While in the bell, you can look through the glass at the people swimming above you while you are just talking to your buddies without a regulator. You can explore the open cavern system without any more than open water certification; although it is recommend that you limit yourself to a 60 foot maximum depth. Past his point it can become silty and quite dark. Permanent heavy duty guidelines tour through the entire system with a maximum depth of 100 feet.” – Excerpt taken from floridacave.com

Let me know if you would be interested in going. :popcorn:

Possibly. I am going to dive that day for sure. It just depens on what my dive buddy decides to do. If he can't make it or wants to go there then we can do it. I had already made other diving plans but they depend on the weather and the gulf. So when it gets closer to time I'll let you know for sure.

Sounds like a possibility for me.

Myself and one other are planning on diving this Sat (if he can get off of work) perhaps we'll join you.

Hey Ben, count me in. I love Blue Grotto! I was actually just going to post and see if anyone wanted to do Blue Grotto and/or Paradise Springs this weekend, and you beat me to the punch.

What time are you thinking?

Don

Hey Ben, count me in. I love Blue Grotto! I was actually just going to post and see if anyone wanted to do Blue Grotto and/or Paradise Springs this weekend, and you beat me to the punch.

What time are you thinking?

Don
I was planning on getting there around 9:30 - 10am. I have the entire day free so I am not committed to a schedule - I can arrive earlier or later. I plan to do 2 maybe 3 dives with some generous surface intervals.

I was planning on getting there around 9:30 - 10am. I have the entire day free so I am not committed to a schedule - I can arrive earlier or later. I plan to do 2 maybe 3 dives with some generous surface intervals.

9:30-10 works for me! I am also free for the day. 2-3 dives sounds great.

Count me in too. I’m also free all day Saturday so 2 – 3 dives works for me.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom