Scubaboard At Rainbow River September 20th.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reef

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Rainbow River here we come.:D

September 20th we are booked to dive Rainbow River with Captain Dave.

Price is $10 is per dive ($20). I have booked us for 9am and 12.

The river takes a bit over an hour to dive. I figured 90 minutes per dive at a nice leisurely pace. This is not a tech dive, but a simple slow drift dive. I've never seen any depths below 30 feet on this dive.

Here is video of the river from Youtube to give you an idea.

YouTube - Rainbow River Dive 07

Please post up if you plan on making it. I have to get back to Darin at Crystal River Dive Lodge with a head count next Tuesday. We must have 8 divers per dive.

We will catch the boat at KP Hole County Park.

Marion County Parks Map Detail

We are diving through the people at Crystal River Dive Lodge.:)

Manatee tours, manatee swim, manatee dive, manatee snorkeling at Crystal Lodge Dive Center in Crystal River Florida

These people are great. If you need tanks, or equipment please contact them. *Note* There is not a fill station at KP Hole, and they do not rent equipment.

My plan is to drive up that morning. We can talk about car pooling as we get closer to the date. I'd recommend the local Best Western to those that would prefer the extra 90 minutes of snooze time.

Crystal River, Florida, Best Western Crystal River Resort, Hotel, FL.

Please post and pm me if you are going to make it. I know the date doesn't work for everybody, but it seemed to work for most.

Hopefully we have a good turnout.:coffee:

Attending:

The List:

Mrs.Reef
Reef
Zardoz
Jess4Diving
I Dive
BruceTrinity
sadie199-(no drinking Friday night)
III/Donny
ScubaAnn aka missus III
Cardzard/Dennis
Mrs.Cardzard/Roxanne
msscuba

git-r-dun diver (possible)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll take a spot!

Can't wait!

- Boats

Do we meet directly at KP or do we have to meet at Crystal Lodge first? Also, it's been awhile since I've been to KP. An address would help. Yes, put me on the list. I will be there!

Do we meet directly at KP or do we have to meet at Crystal Lodge first? Also, it's been awhile since I've been to KP. An address would help. Yes, put me on the list. I will be there!

We will be meeting at KP Hole.

There is a link to the park at the top of the page. Hope this helps...:)

Thanks Reef, I missed that link the first time around!

Hi Reef ... can you edit the first page with the latest count and names?

Bruce

Heres a friendly warning about KP HOLE.Get there early or they will fill up quick.The wife and I drove down last Saturday to kayak and snorkel only to see the PARK FULL sign and barricade up.Its a small place.Rainbow sprgs park is not boater friendly so we were landlocked.We got there at 11;45 and were full and it was pouring down rain.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom