Stolen gear 08/13/2008

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gman7589

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I had 2 sets of dive gear stolen out of the trunk of my car sometime between 08/12/2008 10:30pm and 08/13/2008 9:00am. Here is a list of what was stolen i will edit this post with serial numbers later on this evening. The gear was stolen in Bradenton, FL out of a car parked in my driveway.

2 mares vector origin 1000 bcds. black. s, xl
1 tusa regular, octopus, second
there is a 3 gauge console attached to the tusa equipment not sure what brand it was though.
1 mares regulator, octopus, safe second rebel 2 series
1 mares dacor supreme 2 gauge console
1 set of scubmax fins black, L and boots 11 black
1 set of scubapro blue fins, xs
1 set of kevlar gloves, size L red, black, grey
1 sealife underwater camera
1 scubapro mesh dive bag black
1 scubamax mesh dive bag black with dive flag ends
30 lbs of weight

If anyone sees any gear anywhere that looks/sounds familiar posted/advertised in the last few days or the near future please let me know. Insurance is probably not going to cover anything due to the fact of no signs of forced entry on the vehicle documented in the police report and my homeowners deductible is over the value of all of the gear combined.

Thanks,
Garrett

Wow, that's HORRIBLE! Sounds like they would have had to have pulled up to your car just to load everything up! Did you have a dive flag on your car somewhere?

Hope you find the bastards.

I had no markings on the vehicle that would indicate that we were divers. The police officer that arrived gave me a weird look and explained to me that there hasn't been a serious burglary in my immediate surrounding area reported in over a year. Most are small break ins for the change/bills sitting in plain view. The most that has been stolen in the year was 1200 dollars cash laying out on a drivers seat. We are having our bathrooms remodeled in our house and have never had anything stolen until now. Funny how it happens now but I have no proof or evidence on any of the workmen at my house at the hours it was stolen so the police can't do anything about it. It seems to me as this was panned or a local neighbor because no one is going to lug 2 bags of dive gear, one weighing in at least 50 lbs and the other over 25lbs. down the street a great distance, but with hard times on many, anything is possible. What makes me really mad is i just bought a brand new wesuit and just tried in and they stole that as well but there is no major markings to identify it. It is green and black and is an XL, also the one that put the icing on the cake was they stole a boogy board in the trunk as well. hahah lol so it was either kids or someone with kids.

Well I would agree that someone probably targeted you rather than it being random. You aren't going to run off with weights on foot and without dive markings on the car (a primary reason why I DON'T put them on my car) they would have had to have known what kind of equipment was in the car beforehand. Oddly though, I always figured your average thief would have no idea what the value of dive gear is unless they have had experience in it.

Sounds like kids IMO. Check the pawn shops in your vicinity. If you can prove it is yours (like with serial numbers) they have to relinquish it.

Thanks to all for your concern, the police here network with the pawn shops in the local area and send out a list of all stolen articles reported each week. I have been checking craigslist, the newspapers within a 100 mile radius in the classifieds, and ebay everyday but so far nothing that looks close enough. Thanks again for all the suggestions.

Thanks to all for your concern, the police here network with the pawn shops in the local area and send out a list of all stolen articles reported each week. I have been checking craigslist, the newspapers within a 100 mile radius in the classifieds, and ebay everyday but so far nothing that looks close enough. Thanks again for all the suggestions.

What a pain. Will keep my fingers crossed for you. Keep us posted and of course I will keep an eye out.

I'll keep an eye out on the Craigslist listings here as well. I'm always watching them for good deals anyway :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom