Disney/Epcot Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I Dive

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Mac's Sports is doing this dive on Saturday, 9/27 at 6:00 P.M.. I just signed up and there are 3 slots remaining. If you want to go, I suggest reserving as soon as possible. It's not a cheap dive but it is well worth it. I did it a few years ago and still have great memories of it. The total cost is $160.50 plus parking at the park. This does not include access to the theme park, however last time I did it they let us loose after the dive to do what we wanted in the park until closing. That may or may not happen this time. The phone number to Mac's is 727-442-9931. Hope to see 3 of you there!

Last edited:
Is this a special event? I was under the impression that they usually did not have Epcot Dive Quest dives that started at 9:00.

If they start at 9 with a Dive Quest program they'll keep you busy till nearly midnight or so and there won't be anything going on in the park anyway.

Great catch Digger! I don't know why I didn't catch that, that definitely doesn't make sense. I just called back and they confirmed the time is wrong, it is 6:00 P.M. Thanks man! I will udpate the original post.

I did the Epcot Living Seas dive earlier this year and they did let you into the park afterwards. We watched the World Showcase fireworks show!! That was my second time diving there. Definitely worth doing it once!!

Why so expensive the normal price is $140, and they do a group rate of $1000 for 12 people? Are they paying for transportation over? Sorry just curious, I am bringing my dive club there and looking for ideas for things to do in conjunction with it.

Why so expensive the normal price is $140, and they do a group rate of $1000 for 12 people? Are they paying for transportation over? Sorry just curious, I am bringing my dive club there and looking for ideas for things to do in conjunction with it.

Cheekymonkey is right, the cost should be MUCH lower. I know of a group that is going on Oct 26th and they still have 4 spots open. The cost is $90.00. I am already paid for a November 8th trip, so I am not personally going on the October trip. If anyone is interested in filling the 4 spots in October let me know!

I just know what they charged me, that was the total with tax. I guess they are pulling a nice profit on it. If I was doing this dive on a regular basis, the price would concern me a bit, but once every few years I can deal with.

I think Mac's does it once every other month or so, but someone is always doing the dive. I think you can book direct through Disney/Epcot, but I could be wrong about about that. All I know is that it is a very popular and worthwhile dive if you have the cash. My last time was a couple years ago and I am eager to do it again!!!!!

I did the dive with my nephew in July. It was great, but only a 40 minute dive. It goes by quick. But it was fun. Since it was the first time I dove with my 16yr old nephew.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom