Suggestions for October 10th Happy Hour/Meet-N-Greet

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scoobahdood

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Ok, the last several Meet and Greets were so much fun, let's do it again!! :eyebrow: Here is a review of the last 4.
Friday, July 25th, Press Box, Tampa
Tuesday, Aug 19th, Press Box, Tampa
Friday, Sept 5th, Quaker Steak & Lube, Pinellas Park
Friday, Sept 19th, Brandon Ale House, guess where it was!! :D

Need suggestions of where to have the next one!!! Probably somewhere other than the aforementioned above but not necessarily.

My suggestion would be Gatorz on the Pass, Treasure Island

Please post with your suggestions as many and as often as you would like. :wink:

Thanks!!! :D

Gators sounds good to me. Its on the Intercoastal, cross Gulf blvd and you can swim...or climb in to Johns Pass from Gators dock

Gators sounds good to me. Its on the Intercoastal, cross Gulf blvd and you can swim...or climb in to Johns Pass from Gators dock

NO WAY!!! Not unless you want to risk food poising. They've had over 200 violations this year alone. Employees handling food with no gloves, defrosting meat over vegetables, bags of food on the floor. Just to name a few.
Sorry if I disgusted anyone, but it's true.

Ok, the last several Meet and Greets were so much fun, let's do it again!! :eyebrow: Here is a review of the last 4.
Friday, July 25th, Press Box, Tampa
Tuesday, Aug 19th, Press Box, Tampa
Friday, Sept 5th, Quaker Steak & Lube, Pinellas Park
Friday, Sept 19th, Brandon Ale House, guess where it was!! :D

Need suggestions of where to have the next one!!! Probably somewhere other than the aforementioned above but not necessarily.

My suggestion would be Gatorz on the Pass, Treasure Island

Please post with your suggestions as many and as often as you would like. :wink:

Thanks!!! :D

Maybe one of the restaurants along the Courtney Causeway?

I like your suggestion.

Is the place actually on the beach?

Meet & Greet & Swim!

It is on a pass from the Intercoastal Waterway to the Gulf. So it is right on the water but not on the beach. The beach is over the bridge and across the street. For map and directions.
www.YaGottaGoToGators.com... - Directions & Map

NO WAY!!! Not unless you want to risk food poising. They've had over 200 violations this year alone. Employees handling food with no gloves, defrosting meat over vegetables, bags of food on the floor. Just to name a few.
Sorry if I disgusted anyone, but it's true.

If you knew what went on behind the scenes at ANY restaurant, you would never eat out again. I have eaten at Gators many times and will continue to do so. IMHO, the food has always been great! Never had a bad meal!! But you are entitled to your opinion or viewpoint! I'm sure the recent news reports about the restaurant has something to do with it. :) If you don't want to eat there, then you can just drink there. :D

Last edited:

Climbing in to the water from Johns Pass would be a risky swim among all the boat traffic. :shocked2: You go first! :wink::rofl3:

If you knew what went on behind the scenes at ANY restuarant, you would never eat out again. I have eaten at Gators many times and will continue to do so. IMHO, the food has always been great! Never had a bad meal!! But you are entitled to your opinion or viewpoint! I'm sure the recent news reports about the restuarant has something to do with it. :) If you don't want to eat there, then you can just drink there. :D

It was because of what I saw on the news. And yes I bet if I knew what really goes on behind closed doors I would be afraid to go out to eat. But after hearing that it's hard to look the other way. I've never been there so it's not that I don't like it. It's just want the authorities had documented. But no problem, the majority rules. Unfourtnaly I have not thought of anywhere in particular.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom