Lose a camera?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dreadnaught_

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi all:

Saturday, I made my best find at Venice EVER -- a really nice digital camera in an underwater housing. It had been down there a while -- the casing was covered in barnacles, but the lucky thing had juice left in the battery and still works.

I already have a digital camera and underwater housing, and as much as I'd love to have a back-up -- well, a back-up that is better than the one I currently use -- I feel morally obligated to put the word out and attempt to find the owner.

So ...

If you or anybody you know has lost a digital camera and underwater housing in the last few months in the vicinity of Venice, PM me with brand, model information, serial numbers, identifying marks, etc. It was found in about 16' of water South of Alhambra, but with the storms that have come through, there's no telling where its origin is.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Sent you a PM -- what I found is a different brand and probably was lost more recently given the amount of barnacle growth and battery life remaining.

Will do a search of the boards for posts about lost gear. Should have done that from the beginning ...

Kudos on your honesty! I hope that your kindness is rewarded one day. :)

you had better check with miss d, she is always loseling cameras....[ha ha ha]. sorry miss d
could not resits............

I found a camera on a wreck off Boynton Bch. Robin and I were the only divers left on the wreck. I thought it was probably lost from another diver from our boat so I handed it to Robin who brought it back and returned it. The diver that lost it was less than grateful (almost acted like she stole it and wanted MY S/S clip used to bring it back). It really made me regret "doing the right thing". I hope you have better results for your efforts!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom