lost mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

III

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Sam's friend lost, dropped, misplaced her mask at the Spanish Rocks dive on Sat. If anybody found a mask please let me know.

Thanks

Sorry to hear about the bad luck. We didn't come across any. Did they happen to complain about where you parked? I got into a brief argument with a landowner and a parking cop...

We were loading up just as they started writing tickets to the peeps parked on the sidewalk, so we quickly moved. Thats prolly when she lost the mask.

I talked (actually, argued) with a prick of a landowner and a lousy excuse for a parking cop who were camped out there waiting for me. Trust me, man, if they found that mask they either threw it in the garbage or burned it. I've never seen anyone in a beach community that angry with visitors. They definitely did not want us there. I was the last one in that parking area so if that is where she lost it, it unfortunately is gone.

Did you get a ticket?

When we got to the truck the cop there was nice. He said you shouldn't park on private property, I said "my bad, we'll move" and he walked away. Maybe you got the "bad cop"

No ticket, just a threat that they were about to tow me. I honestly believe they did not ticket or tow any of us because they knew there was not a legal leg to stand on. You said they were ticketing people on the sidewalk or whatever when you got there. They would have started with the private property if they could. They also had plenty of time to tow me. And, when I got into it with them, they were just smart asses, not hard asses. That is generally the sign of someone without a leg to stand on... The legal requirements for signage were not met, that area very closely resembled the public parking areas, and I actually talked to a landowner earlier who gave us permission to stay there for the day after I offered to move my truck and hunt you guys down to move yours. I'm over it, but I won't soon forget it. That was one of my most ridicilous experiences in recent memory. I had a great dive and am eager to dive there again, but as far as my opinion of the city of Holmes Beach...

They did pass out tickets, I saw them.

Anywhoozle, often if something is dropped, people will put it on top of that large trash can that leads to the beach, in hopes the owner sees it. I saw nothing there and left at 2:30.

What hapened to you III? When I came out of the water the first time you were gone? Did you get any crab? Did you get your hat?

We came out to switch tanks and the cops were just getting there so we were gonna move. With so many peeps there wasn't any place to move to so we decidied to go to Venice and find teeth.

When we got to Venice we found so many crab that we forgot about teeth and loaded up on claws. Yum

How did you do yesterday? And yes i got my hat.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom