Need a Private Boat w Captain for Diving Group in June?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

clint@uniquescuba.com

Banned
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Hello all, I have a group of customers coming down for diving the first week of June 09.

I need to charter a PRIVATE boat with Captain for 2 full days of diving.

We will supply everything we need except boat, Captain, fuel,

Here are the specific's

8-10 divers

1 day diving for shark teeth. 2 -3 dives. Typical dive time will more than likely be 80 - 90 minutes per dive.

1 day of spear fishing, possibly just reef diving. 2-3 dives.

We are not interested in being on anybody's schedule other than our own. If our boat trips last 1 - 2 hours longer than a typical charter, this has to be fine with the Captain up front.

You can supply a Dive master if you like, if they are cool and helpful.

If they act like a Divegod, they will be thrown off the boat.

The job pays $2k, plus tip

if anyone is interested, contact me via email only. Clint@UniqueScuba.com

Thank you very much in advance.

Too bad (in a way) you have so many... I hope you find what you are looking for :)

Good luck...

Hello all, I have a group of customers coming down for diving the first week of June 09.

I need to charter a PRIVATE boat with Captain for 2 full days of diving.

We will supply everything we need except boat, Captain, fuel,

Here are the specific's

8-10 divers

1 day diving for shark teeth. 2 -3 dives. Typical dive time will more than likely be 80 - 90 minutes per dive.

1 day of spear fishing, possibly just reef diving. 2-3 dives.

We are not interested in being on anybody's schedule other than our own. If our boat trips last 1 - 2 hours longer than a typical charter, this has to be fine with the Captain up front.

You can supply a Dive master if you like, if they are cool and helpful.

If they act like a Divegod, they will be thrown off the boat.

The job pays $2k, plus tip

if anyone is interested, contact me via email only. Clint@UniqueScuba.com

Thank you very much in advance.
With that pay scale, why are you looking for a "PRIVATE" boat? I would think a number of comercial charters (that have insurance, DMs, and the correct waivers) would be more than happy with "$2k, plus tip" in order to accomodate your group for 2 full days.

I would really like to hear the explanation. I'm sure I've missed something and I truly want to understand what I am missing here.

Thanks

Hey Clint you might want to post this message on the local section for Spear Board. I have noticed a lot more boat owners on that site than this one. I prefer scuba board more but as far as finding a private boat that can hold the amount of people you have I think that is your best bet.

Hey gang, Sorry about not clarifying what I mean by "PRIVATE"

We are totally willing to use a regular charter boat, as long as the only divers on the charter are the ones in our group.

I'm not trying to seem stuck up, this is all at the request of my customers. They had a really bad experience in the past with other, unfamiliar divers on a boat.

Thank you again for all your helpful info.

A few more posts like this might just convince me to get that captains lic. 2grand seems like a lot, but depending on what kind of fish your going to put them on can run quite a hefty fuel bill.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom