Divers Supply Tampa Looking for staff

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiveBandit

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Hello all,
I'm looking for 1 sales person, 1 service tech, and 1 Assistant Manager.

Qualifications - Preferred, but will consider those with less qualifications

Sales:
Professional level diver (DiveMaster or above)
Some experience working in the dive industry.
Some sales experience
Knowledge of dive gear, features, and functionality.

Service tech:
Some sales experience
2 years experience working on regulators.
experience O2 cleaning tanks and tank valves.

Assistant Manager:
Management experience. (in retail sales)
Some sales experience

Please call the store and ask for me for more details or to apply. I cannot discuss salary on the forum

Dave.

The season is kickin' in. Gettin' a little busy for the current level of people I have.

I hear Tracy is still looking for work...

:)Hi I just wanted to say hi! I bought all my gear off you guys on a trip to florida in 2008, later my wife surprised me with a sealife camera that she had shipped up, your store ROCKS! If Aaron is still there you need to give him a raise. I tell all my friends about the great service I recieved from you guys, say hi for me, is mike still taking great underwater pics? Your friend in Canada, Roger! Good luck and safe diving!<O)))><:)

Hi, I always like to let others in this community know how things are going so why not let the manager(s) of a dive shop(s) know.

In my opinion Diver Supply was one of the best dive shops in the area when Aaron ran the place. However, under unfortunate circumstances that is not the case anymore and these days there seems to be a whole knew staff in the shop. That staff however does not seem to be anything like the old staff. Now the reasons why, I don't know, for Diver's are usually friendly outgoing people with smiles and greetings in amass. However, on a recent return visit to my favorite dive shop, (after doing several dives further down south in Ft. L. and so forth and so on) I noticed something very perturbing - as follows:

1) Absolutely no greeting when coming through the door. No hello, no we'll be right with you, no how can we help you...nothing! It was like walking into a shop with no one in it, in fact I almost thought no one was in it. Then I saw a girl taking care of 2 customers in mask, and she saw me. Then she simple ignored me. No, hi I'll be right with you, nothing. It was like they didn't want me in the store. Come on I mean you go to Mac's and they say hello, Callipso, you get a greet, even Bill Jackson's (sometimes, mainly by cash register person) but my favorite dive store....this was a disappointment.

2) Accuracy of information - If you tell a diver your going to do something to their gear and they leave the gear with you and ask several times if it will be ready by a certain time with a promise from store assistant/manager that it will definately be ready on that date. DO NOT have said customer come back to store to find out that once again the gear is not ready and some excuse of we didn't get to it, busy, sorry it isn't ready, and then stand there and look at them as if it is their problem, that is just not acceptable. We are only as good as what we say we are going to do, if you can't do it, then don't say you will, if you have problems doing it, notify the customer- beforehand, and make amends. That is just good business, especially in a scuba world.

3) Treat every customer as if they are you best scuba buddy, we all live in the area, as noted above we all have choices of stores to go to. If you want everyone to come to your store, then treat everyone as if they are your best friend. Word of mouth sales works wonders. Look at Kevin and his Rhino guns. I mean is it so hard to simply treat divers with a friendly, respectful, attitude, as if they just went out on your boat with you, even if your having a bad day. I mean I realize it is business and sometimes sitting in a dive shop all day can be boring. But even if a customer walks through the door at the last five minutes of your day, treat them as the last customer walking through that door, ever, you don't know how many dive buddies he/she has, how far that person travels, and whom he/she may send or not send to your store for business next visit. I also realize that the employees of Diver Supply only work for Diver Supply, so the sales made don't go in your pocket except for a pay check, but take some pride in your work, it is always going to be work.

4) Atmospheric Aura - I have been into several dive shops all over Florida. I notice the items stated above as well as the whole atomosphere of a dive shop. The atmosphere at Diver supply has become more "diverish" lately, except for the employees. I did notice the 2 guys working the weekend, 2 younger guys were friendly, outgoing, and yes, said hello when I came back into the store, but that is something that should happen everyday. Atomosphere - a feeling of underwater narcosis - taking a trip down the keys, swimming off a beach, spearing a fish, getting the right camera shot of that allusive fish - diving! That is a feeling that should come from a dive shop when you enter it - a feeling of friends, dive buddies, Florida Divers!

I wrote this, not to be negative, not to put a blemish on Diver Supply or any other local stores mentioned. I wrote this simple to help those that should take note. We live in a beautiful state and are surrounded (well almost anyway) by water. We are divers that get to experience that enviroment, it would be great if the diver's stores could be just as inviting. Especially my favorite store of Diver Supply. However, if in writing this I simple offend those who read and they think - "screw him he is only one guy" then I will simple take myself and my "word of mouth" business - elsewhere.

Sincerely -

Diver Foxtail

I concur with Lordfoxtail.

My reasons are related my equipment being serviced incorrectly, and Divers-Supply damaging it in the process.

Hopefully the new hires will make things better. I had spent a small fortune in that place, and they lost me as a customer.

Let's see if DaveBandit can make things turnaround. Good luck.

Just moved back to Florida and am interested... were these positions filled? :wink:

Look up Divebandit on here. He is the manager. Send him a PM and he will get back to you.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom