New to Tampa, looking for dive buddies.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Seal Rock

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Work forced a move from out west and I am currently looking for a fun group to hang out with during the week (have off the middle days of most weeks). I own a 28' center console with twins, setup nicely for SCUBA and fishing. The boat is located in Tarpon Springs.

Rich
949-395-1771
hawkinsrd@hotmail.com

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1386333948.268194.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1386334155.950346.jpg

I am not moved there yet but we are making our mind up in the next month. If we make it I will definitively be looking for buddies. That boat should make you some instant buddies. Dual outboard 28 ft center console, very nice. Some dive charters don't have that nice a boat. Be interested to hear back from a new person what shop they end up using and how they like the diving. I hear EZ scuba has a lot of impromptu type trips and does a lot of group diving.

I plan to be in FL Dec 19th to Jan 5th I can dive the 20th, 23, 30th 31st and then 2nd and 3rd. Looking to get some dives in they don't have to all be out in the Gulf either.

Hi Rich
Sounds like a great offer! Welcome to the Area. I am retired and am flexible on dive days. Live in Lutz 1/2 hour from Tarpon Springs. AOW/NITROX and Wreck Penetration certified. Would be glad to dive and help on gas. Or dive the springs. When the Gulf gets blown out the springs are a good backup!
Look forwwrd to hearing where and when you would like to dive!
I am also on divebuddy.com screen name scubacrab.
Thanks Doug

Thanks for the calls and PMs, quite the welcome. Trying to get into the water Tues, Wed or Thur

Rich.

Tues or Wed is good for me. Do you have a place in mind?

---------- Post added December 8th, 2013 at 07:46 AM ----------

Forecast as of 10:18 am EST on December 8, 2013Synopsis For The Coastal Waters From Bonita Beach To Suwannee River-SynopsisHigh pressure dominates the waters through Tuesday as a cold front stalls to the north of the area. The front will move south across the area during Tuesday night and Wednesday. Winds and seas are expected to remain below headline thresholds through the midweek.

TuesdaySouth winds around 10 knots becoming southwest in the afternoon. Seas 2 feet or less. Bay and inland waters a light chop. A slight chance of showers.Tuesday NightWest winds around 5 knots becoming northeast around 10 knots after midnight. Seas 2 feet or less. Bay and inland waters a light chop.WednesdayNortheast winds around 10 knots. Seas 2 feet or less. Bay and inland waters a light chop. A slight chance of showers.Wednesday NightNortheast winds around 10 knots. Seas 2 feet. Bay and inland waters a light chop. A slight chance of showers.ThursdayNortheast winds 10 to 15 knots. Seas 2 feet. Bay and inland waters a moderate chop. A slight chance of showers.

Marine Forecast | Weather Underground

So Scuba Crab and I are a go for Wed, potentially Tues. Any other takers? Planning on Sheridan and finding some Army tanks. Have two 80 gallon bait lockers ready for ice and whatever you catch.

Tanks-a-Lot Dive Charter 12.8.2013 Dive Trip by Tanks-A-Lot Dive ChartersWhat a BEAUTIFUL day to be offshore!! First up the report FLAT calm seas, 64-66ºF bottom temps and about 25 foot of vis in 45 foot. We had a fun group of divers today lots of laughs onboard the Can-Tank-Erous. Thank you all again for the great day on the water today!! Capt. Ryan. Pictures courtesy of DM Gage Flory. — at Tanks-A-Lot Dive Charters. 

^^^ Excellent. Going to be a great week

Where did you all end up going?

I'll be down in Indian Shores through the end of the month (maybe more) and would like to get out on the gulf. Heard that the viz might be rough. Any idea if it's cleared up this week?

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom