In Tampa Bay for a few weeks....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

napalmchicken

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello!

I was looking to meet fellow divers to plan trips and dive with while I'm in the area. I'm only here for a bit, but I regularly return to visit family. I was just wondering if there are any groups that meet regularly and might be planning dive trips in the next few weeks. I'm pretty much interested in diving anywhere I'm allowed to go (I'm OWC - so springs, rivers, gulf). I was also thinking about some dive charters off the Gulf. Any recommendations for that would be fantastic.

Pati

Seems about all the diving I've done here is off the gulf with charters; unless you find a friend with a boat.
Hudson grotto really isn't interesting enough for more than one visit; unless you're doing more courses.

If you're not afraid of low visibility Venice can be an awesome option for making use of time in the locality. What you lose in vision you can try making up with sharks teeth; or better yet megalodon teeth.

There are a few local groups set up on meetup.com, though I admit I haven't spent much time with them, but have met some good people during my rare appearances. /grin

I checked out a few groups on meetup, none have meetings while I'm in town. One group does, and I emailed their admin but never got a reply back. Sucks I'm only down for a few weeks (for now). But I was hoping to rope as many people into diving with me as possible.

Pati;

If you cant find someone to dive with stop by EZ Scuba on west Hillsborough and see if you can do a tag along during a class or a discover local diving and have one of the shop employees show you the local dive sites as a dive buddy.

We do it all the time for out of town divers. Everyone in the shop is a technically trained diver so you dont have to worry about the whole insta-buddy stroke thing.

Hope you have fun while in the area.

T

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Hey Tom,

Thanks for the info. I may check em out this weekend. I had a dive charter booked for West Palm on Sunday, but it looks like that might not pan out...

And Ron, thanks for the link. I joined their group and am definitely considering the meeting this weekend if my Palm Beach dive doesn't happen.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom