New to Tampa Bay!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello everyone, I just moved to Tampa. I am recently certified but I happened to recently make a trip down to Key Largo on a few dives, it was an amazing time. I'm looking for anyone who might need a dive buddy or anyone who just wants to chat about diving or go spearfishing. I look forward to meeting everyone in the area! If anyone wants to add me on fb or shoot me feel free to PM and i'll respond as timely as possible!

Welcome to the 'hood! There's some boat dives out of Clearwater beach, but otherwise it's pretty much a short road trip for good diving. 2 hours north to the springs. 4 hours east to palm/jupiter etc. 2 hours south to Sarasota (shark tooth / fossil dives). Obviously you know about the keys.

Hudson grotto is the closest "shore" dive. It's a fairly deep sinkhole with low vis, a thermocline and a halocline. Good for training/practice but that's about it.

Here's a meetup group you might want to check out: Life Underwater (Tampa, FL) - Meetup It's run by a Tampa dive shop that I've never been to, so I can't vouch for them - other than that the guys I met seem to be on the level. I've been to one of their Thursday socials, and did a dive with them once. Good people but I now have a time conflict for Thursdays.

There's a handful (maybe 5-10) folks from the bay area that use the scubaboard chat pretty frequently. Pop in there some evening and say hello.

I dive all over the place and always looking to meet new divers in the area. This week and the next I am booked solid and heading to Cayman for a week so maybe after I get back we can hit a few places. I bring my older boys along when they can go but with both of them working it is kinda hard for them to get off on the weekends.

PM Me

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom