Old men are NOT grumpy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

miketsp

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Old men are NOT grumpy: Pensioners view the world through rose-tinted glasses

Read more: Pensioners view the world through rose-tinted glasses | Mail Online

Older people have a more positive outlook than their younger counterparts, research shows.

Despite the aches and pains of old age, pensioners view the world through rose-tinted glasses, remembering the good times rather than the bad.

Of course they do, they GOT their pensions... something the youngsters may never get. Of course I'm an old guy and I'm not Grumpy... I'm Sneezy!

I read about a reverse "bell" curve on happiness in our lives. We start to dip down in our late teens towards unhappiness from a peak at about age 12, when we're carefree but are old enough to understand a lot of things. As we progress into our 30s and 40s, we start to bottom out on the bell with the stress of work, college for our kids, retirement savings etc etc. As we approach our 70s we start to get back the happiness of a 12 year old. I guess we take every day as a blessing at that age...and don't mind speaking our minds, which COULD be misconstrued as grumpiness.

Reactions: Jax
You have not be around me before my morning coffee:D

I will quit being grumpy December 23 2010, the day I retire. I am counting the days, hopefully I don't have a coronary or kill someone before then. I do have a trip to FIJI planned as a retirement gift to myself.

Back
Top Bottom