UAE East Coast Temperatures

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Searcaigh

Seahorse Wrangler
Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I heard today that this thermocline is still around under 10M.

Last few weeks have been bloody cold below 10M with temps of 27/28C dropping immediately to 23C, making an hour on Inch 2 a bit of a challenge. Mind you when I find a subject to photograph, the low temperature disappears. :idk:

The vis in the top 10M is terrible, which I relate to all the plankton being compressed by the lower thermocline, so where are the whale sharks? This must be perfect for them, condensed plankton soup :D

I have a dive arranged at Scuba 2000 next Wednesday, with Inch 2 and Car Cemetery on my agenda, I really hope things have warmed up a bit. Last week I was helping replace a new zinc anode on a boat her on the west coast and the water temp was a nice 33C :D

Temps are now truly in summer mode :D

28C on Inchcape 2 yesterday at 22M

Cool Thermocline at Martini Rock though below 17M, refreshing the way I like them :)

Hey Searcaigh
I have off between Aug 12 thru the 19th any suggestions that are close to us.

Cheers
Michael

Well, it's my birthday on the 17th :wink:)

And it's a Friday :D ..... are you having a party?

Michael if you can get over to DXB on the 11th I can easily dive on the 12th, can supply transport to the east coast - and back if you are not planning to stay there.

---------- Post Merged on August 5th, 2012 at 07:38 PM ---------- Previous Post was on August 4th, 2012 at 05:48 PM ----------

Wow, a cool 24C today at Car Cemetery (16M)

Unfortunately it was a solo dive as Karen was busy trying to obtain her driving licence, and having issues with the bureaucracy of the east coast emirate.

Only managed to find one nudibranch though, Gymnodoris rubropapulosa

UAE_8152MCsig.jpg

UAE_8160Csig.jpg

Okay Karen we need to get that dive done, maybe when my daughter is passing through again in 10 days time we can do a mid week dive :D

Gordon
Hey thanks for the invite but it looks like I can't get there until the 13 th. So I guess I will go spend a couple days with Karin and Paul. I heard there's a birthday happening over that way.

Cheers
Michael

Michael,

Fair enough give me a call when you arrive, my daughter arrives back from Malaysia on the 14th and certainly planning to be on that Birthday Dive too :)

Birthday dive Thursday 16th?? Double-tanker? With Paul as guide? This time I'll put myself in the schedule and then I'm blocked - no work, no day off; just a couple of fun dives :wink:

Mmm if Thursday then I might need to work Friday :banghead:

What's the dive plan, which sites?

Back
Top Bottom