UAE West Coast Temperatures

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Searcaigh

Seahorse Wrangler
Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
First time this year I was diving off the west coast of UAE with Ken Atkinson (ProDive, Dubai).

Conditions were good, and the plan was for two wrecks, Zainab and SMB.

Visibility was pretty good on the Zainab, I last dived this wreck in 2004 and I recall 2-3M viz on that dive as it was part of my Nitrox course. No issues today though:D

SMB on the other hand had 2-3M of viz, really appalling.

Water temperatures were 32C (89.6F), two guys on the boat were wearing drysuits while I was in a skin. Air temps on the water were 38C and back onshore 41C :confused:

Wee nudi from the Zainab … Chromodoris annulata

UAE_1247MCsig_zps095b063d.jpg

Went out yesterday (26/09) with The Dive Centre (thedivecentre.ae) on the west coast. Initially the plan was to dive Zainab but the water was too choppy when we got there, ended up doing two dives on SMB. Viz was around 12m on the first dive and dropped to 10m on the second. Not much marine life other than some barracuda on the descent of the first dive but SMB is an interesting enough wreck. Water temps were 34C, I opted for my shorty while everyone else had on board shorts and rash vests. Despite nothing noteworthy, I really enjoyed the dive and had a great day out.

Bottom temp today on MV Victoria Star (24m) was a pleasant 32c

Who did you dive with Simon?

I went with Jason (The Dive Centre) Gordon.

First time I have dived that site, booked a few times but one thing or another always stopped me from going.

With decent conditions, good photo opportunities, though didn't see much in the way of small stuff. Some good penetration on the wreck though

Jason Socket?

I was there with Ken earlier this year but had major equalisation issues and ended up get wetting but abandoning both dives :(

About time I dived this site, booked with CTD next Saturday but free next Friday.

Yep, the very same Jason. He has an operation, The Dive Centre, based just along from Barasti in DIMC.

i know he is running a wreck course next weeks and the plan is to use the Victoria Star, maybe worth a shout for the Friday.

where are you diving Saturday with Glenn?

Hi Simon, cancelled, Glenn had a hit diving the Ines last Saturday :(

Plan was Inch 2 while he was doing some training in Martini Bay.

Anyway heading to Blue Planet tomorrow.

Thanks for the info on Jason

Victoria Star yesterday. Temp was a very pleasant 33c, viz was around 10m on the first dive and 8m on the second. First time I've dived this site and I really enjoyed it. It's in fantastic shape and a bit of a must do for anyone visiting Dubai.

Not my pic, but here's one of swim throughs of the captains bridge.

10665233_515096575301021_8362068207917475480_n.jpg

Yay, at last I managed to dive the Victoria Star today, although the viz was 2-3M, and a bit of a current running on it, temperature 24C

Forgot to fit my focus light on the housing, although Yanni had hers. I did use the focus light in one of the strobes, but found nothing to photograph surprisingly as I was more concerned on keeping an eye on Yanni, who in the end was not very happy in this awful viz and thumbed the dive after 45 mins.

Both of us were at 100 bar by this stage and I could tell from her air consumption that she was slightly stressed as she is far better on air than me.

Second dive I helped out the team of 4 who were dealing with two large nets that covered the bridge area, a real mess. We managed to get most of it off and into the first hold.

Good day out and great to be back home in 25 mins instead of 2 hours.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom