~NEW!~ After 3 years of development, Halcyon is setting the standard again

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

richied

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Watch promo here: [video]www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTOzUOxKrQE[/video]

Halcyon Focus and Flare

After 3 years of development, Halcyon is setting the standard for primary dive lights again.
LED is difficult to focus. Instead of pushing a lot of power to the LED diode which is inefficient and generates a lot of heat, Halcyon invested time and resources in developing a lux engine generating a high intensity, focused beam while consuming half of the power of 21 watt HID lights.
With more of the light focused into a tighter location, Halcyon LED primary lights easily outperform 21 watt HID lights.
Both lights have a fully adjustable handle which can be set to left or right hand operation. The adjustable power switch can be set to off, medium or high power.

The Halcyon Flare uses a fixed beam in a compact housing for those customers seeking high quality performance on a budget.

The Halcyon Focus offers an adjustable beam to switch between intense focus or a wide beam for underwater video purposes.

Features
  • 6 hours run-time with a 5.2 amp-hour battery pack
  • adjustable-focus beam (Halcyon Focus only)
  • fully adjustable handle
  • 39,000 lux at 1 meter (Focus at max. power)
  • weight is only 1.4 Kg
  • choice of traditional continuous cord or underwater quick disconnect (E/O) cord

Lux ratings on max power
Distance from light1 meter3 meters5 meters
Focus39,3004,1001,550
Flare11,5001,700650

Both lights produce 975 lumens.

Any truth to the rumor that Halcyon has come out with a true Goodman handle for the Focus/Flare?

Nice lights, I will stick with my big blue light. More choices are better for us all

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

I think it's a thumb loop for using a scooter.

May I know how it works, and why it's needed?

You can hold the light with your right thumb, and have the rest of your hand free/available to manage the scooter.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom