Looking for economical rescue diver/divemaster training in Kauai

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubagrrl

Reaction score
Hi, all!

I am considering staying with my father, who lives on Kauai, for several weeks, beginning in August. I'm also considering trying to complete my rescue diver and divemaster courses and dives while I'm there (I'm a PADI AOW diver and have recently finished my CPR and oxygen provider certs. I have 28 dives--about 18 of which have been in warm water).

I've been "shopping" online, and have been shocked at how much more expensive these classes are in Kauai than they are here in California.

Does anyone know of an economical alternative? Perhaps a dive shop or instructor with more reasonable prices, or that might give a discount for student signing up for both Rescue Diver and Divemaster courses at once?

If it's too expensive or if it will take longer than I can stay, I'd like to complete my Rescue Diver course and just try to log as many dives as possible while I'm there.

I'd appreciate any information that any of you might have. Thanks in advance for your help!

Cheers,

Brianna Stevens

Sent you a PM!

Back
Top Bottom