Looking for Kona shore dive buddy mid September

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jakubson

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi,

I will be in Kona (with my non-diving wife) from September 19-23. I would like to dive for 2 days (so I can spend time with my wife). I thought I would boat dive (probably Jacks) one day. I was thinking of shore diving the Place of Refuge on my other dive day, if I can find a buddy. Since I will be there during the week, it should not be as crowded. You can see my profile for more info on my dive history.

Let me know if anyone who live there or will be visiting is interested in a mid-week shore dive.

Thanks,

jakubson:
Hi,

I will be in Kona (with my non-diving wife) from September 19-23. I would like to dive for 2 days (so I can spend time with my wife). I thought I would boat dive (probably Jacks) one day. I was thinking of shore diving the Place of Refuge on my other dive day, if I can find a buddy. Since I will be there during the week, it should not be as crowded. You can see my profile for more info on my dive history.

Let me know if anyone who live there or will be visiting is interested in a mid-week shore dive.

Thanks,
Well, its getting closer. Anyone up for a midweek shore dive?

I'm getting to Kona the 22nd -30th & need a buddy so our timing is about a week off... I've done Place of Refuge & the old airport & a few others before. Prefer Place of Refuge because there were pods of dolphins last time I was there. Would be available for afternoon or evening dive Saturday & then any time Sunday..but you will be limited to within 12-24 hours of whenever your flight leaves.(depending on latest school of thought..I suggest nitrox & shallower dives on the day before as an extra margin of safety..) Don't miss the night dive with mantas while you are there...several shops offer it. I used Kona Hona Divers & it was great....never mind...I see this is an old post...wrong year...hope you had a good trip.

Back
Top Bottom