Wildcard survives the tiger shark encounter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kidspot

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Well he survived another dive in the Maui Ocean Center Shark tank, this time with the tiger shark. What a great dive, made me want to try it now...

See my gallery for a couple of pictures of the event. The bubbles in the picture of the tiger shark are from Wildcard - I just couldn't quite fit him and the shark into the same frame.

The shot I missed was when the tiger swam by him and appeared (from the outside) to actually brush him (though he said afterwards there was a foot or so between them at the time)

I don't want to spoil too much of his fun, so I'll let him share the rest of the stories himself.

Congratulations on a great dive Wildcard.

Aloha, Tim

kidspot:
Well he survived another dive in the Maui Ocean Center Shark tank, this time with the tiger shark. What a great dive, made me want to try it now...

See my gallery for a couple of pictures of the event. The bubbles in the picture of the tiger shark are from Wildcard - I just couldn't quite fit him and the shark into the same frame.

The shot I missed was when the tiger swam by him and appeared (from the outside) to actually brush him (though he said afterwards there was a foot or so between them at the time)

I don't want to spoil too much of his fun, so I'll let him share the rest of the stories himself.

Congratulations on a great dive Wildcard.

Aloha, Tim

It's a adrenaline rush isn't it?...hehehe. Yeah, I remember diving with 18 reef sharks in Palau and then seeing a LARGE shadow in the distance that turned out to be a tiger. I thought I was seeing things and couldn't believe my eyes. Noone else in the group saw it and I missed the photo-op.
Fortunately the DM said that one was spotted a couple of weeks earlier, so I figured I wasn't going nuts..

the one in the picture is about 7ft long. Though in the wild we regularly get 17 footers. Though I have yet to see one...

Thanks for doing photo duty Tim. I haven't had time to do anything with the pics yet. It was my most awsome dive yet! Try to hold a camera steady and focus on a rapidly increasing tiger shark mouth and get the pics from 3 feet away! Im going to send the video to Mom so I can collect the life insurance early, LOL. And she worries about me playing with bombs?
For any one going to Maui, you MUST do this dive!

I was watching the video tonight. I look great! LOL but I think a wider view might be in order next time. Great footage though. Thanks again Tim. Next time, I'll video you.

Glad it turned out - I was wondering if the first half might have been too close up - so the second half I zoomed out as wide as it would go. I think next time I'd scrap the tripod and do it all handheld so as to move where the action is. We can brainstorm ideas for next time to make it even better - since I'm sure you'll be back again before long :D

Aloha, Tim

Gonna get bit on video! LOL...Thought I was there real close a couple of times. :)
What a rush !!!!! SHARKS are the $hit! Thanks again Tim.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom