Oahu (Hawaii) diving, which are best dive sites and dive shops?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

XSScubaKitty

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi,

Can anyone recommend the best dive sites and dive shops to do with around Oahu Island, Hawaii? I'll be there next week, Tuesday February 7th-14th.

I am experienced diver from Sydney, Australia. I have done over 460 dives in difficult conditions - cold, drift, deep, night and wreck.

I am interested in seeing lots of reef fish, pelagics is a bonus, love nudibranchs and critters, too.

Thanks,
Scuba Kitty

Pacific Paradise Divers, Dive Oahu, AAA diving are some of my favorites. There are some nice boats elsewhere but things get too rushed. For sites, I recommend
Y0257, Sea Cave drifts are my top two. You can look at my photography site and go to "wreck photog" and see the sites (and the sights!). ....Oh and do not forget to do the Corsair, a WWII bomber at 117 ft. Very photogenic, for a rusty plane! Go to Hawaii Ohana (under North America) and you can see other's sites, dive reports, etc. Call me and maybe I will be able to dive when you are here!!...Oh sorry, I will be in Kona but call Pearl or Chris at PPD. they will take good care of you.

Hi Catherine,

Thanks for the recommendations, sound great. looking forward to that. Will contact PPD to book. Doh, I missed the opportunity to dive with you, would have love that.

If you ever come to Sydney, Australia, drop me an email and we can dive together:
tinyscubakitty@yahoo.com.au

Cheers,
Kim

Back
Top Bottom