Rescue Class?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vel525

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi All,

I will be in Oahu the last week of April. I am considering doing my rescue course while I'm there. I was wondering if any one can recommend a shop that they have experience with. I've heard that the rescue course can be very rewarding if the instruction is good so I would like recommendations from your personal experiences. Thank you for your help.

Victor

When I took Rescue class EFR was part of it. EFR took one full day and then the Rescue class was 2 days. It is a really great class and I recommend it to any diver. I did my class with IDH (Island Divers Hawaii). I know Jo does mostly tech now, but I would ask him or Max. I know the other Instructors there, but I don't know how they teach (have only done charter dives with them). I can't vouch for any other dive shop since I have done all my classes with IDH.

Pacific Paradise Divers good.

I really like Deep Ecology in Haleiwa. I really like their mission statement about keepng the oceans safe for its inhabitants (they act upon it too, not just talk about it).

They used to have this instructor named Stu who just was by far the greatest guide anyone could ask for. He's left, but they still have a very classy shop.

If you use Deep E at that time of the year, they or you or both have a lot of driving to do, they are on the north shore and it's still kinda rough then....Id do it for you if I was home, sorry.

that's true about the travel, but that's how they've always operated and its never been a problem to just meet them at the dive site.

ask justleesa if Roger teaches this!

thanks for all your input. i'll get in touch. i've been reading the dive shops in oahu thread to so i'll contact some of them. so the northside of the island is rougher this time of year huh?
i'm so excited about my trip...woohoo.

Has anyone ever heard of Dive Oahu? I was looking at dive ops online and they have a deal that seems really good. 5 days unlimited diving for $385. I haven't inquired about details, but just at first glance that seems like a good deal. Anyway, any input will be greatly appreciated.

Oh ya, along with my rescue course I plan on doing several days of pleasure diving...woohoo. :D

One more though. Online, some dive ops offer the rescue for around $200 in 3 days and at other ops the cost is closer to $500 and the course lasts for 5 days or more. I'm just a little confused at the discrepancy. Although, I have not called the different ops yet to check on what all is included in the cost. Just wondering if anyone can shed some light. Thank.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom