Maui shore dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm going to Maui the latter half of Sept. Any "inside" tips some of you want to share about shore dives this time of the year? Locations, best time, any usefull tips.

Thank You.

Hey!!! I'll be there on the 25th of September -- until the 7 of October... will our paths cross?

I like to start at Ulua Beach in Wailea -- it's super easy -- and a nice way to work out all the kinks and make sure that all the gear is functioning properly.

Five Graves / Makena Landing has been a never ending source of fun for me... doing it from either side-- going around the whole circuit... it's always an interesting dive.

I like White Rock too.... the reef there kind of 'pops up' out of the sand -- there is relatively little rubble so, especially in good light, it has a very magical feel to it.

Ahihi Bay can be good if conditions are good -- but it can be a difficult entry if surf's up.

I'd also recommend that you check out Maui Dreams Dive CO -- they are the shore diving pro's. (and just super people too!) You can find them at www.mauidreamsdiveco.com.

I'm counting down the days to my trip!

Also, if you are going to do some boat diving -- I'd really recommend the Thursday afternoon / evening trip with Ed Robinson's.

Liz

ladycute1,

I'm returning on the 27th, don't know how much diving I'll actually be able to do since its not a dive trip. I'll definitely do all I can. :)

Thanks for the info.

Scuba once bubbled...
...Any "inside" tips some of you want to share about shore dives this time of the year? Locations, best time, any usefull tips...

There's some very good, detailed information available at the Shore Diving website.

Have fun!

Chris

Definately try Black Rock. We were there last week ... dove it @ dusk, and snorkeled there almost everyday - Great.

One of the best shore dives on Maui, especially a dusk or night dive. You'll see abour 25 different types of reef fish, @ least 2 different types of eels, large green sea turtle, and possibly some spotted eagle rays (July thru Sept.). It's @ the Sheraton Maui on Kaanapali Beach.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom