Finally my trip report Oahu and Maui June 9th-19th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

calscubagirl

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hey guys...

I know I promised a trip report. Had it typed out unfinished and filed it and now it's MIA in my files. :pcangry: :shakehead

Between being sick (still) and busy with work I haven't had a lot of time to type up anything lately so I figured I better do it now, before I come back in November, lol.:D

I had an absolute blast with everyone at the Trench on June 10th. Thanks Lisa and Roger for some great dives. You guys know where those critters are!! Lisa found an octopus for me. Got some very nice video of him. He gave my camera a nice colorful show. Changing to several colors before he hid completely from me.

The Trench didn't have the greatest visibility on the first dive but, compared to what I'm sometimes diving in, here in So. Cali it was paradise for me. Not saying Calif sucks, we have some *****en diving but, it's just nice to be able to get in the water with my 3 mil, see some tropical fish and some Honu's and to top it off, not get cold. I really need to move to Hawaii, lol. Actually I did end up getting a little chilly but, I get cold in my dry suit so go figure.

The second dive was better than the first dive. The vis was better and more critters. It was dive 2 where we saw the Octopus.

It was also great to finally meet some SBers. Put some faces to handles on the Internet. The food was great!

Hey MM, one of these days we'll get you doing some stunt driving :wink: :auto:

Off to Maui....June 12th...

I did some dives with Prodiver Maui. Went out on a couple of trips with them. I can't say enough nice things about those guys. They're the first ones to leave the Kihei boat ramp. Always very attentive to the people on their boat. Always very nice and show everyone a great time on the dives. According to one of the other divers on board, Prodivers is rated #1 in the book Maui Revealed. I'm not surprised!!I don't have the book so I can't confirm that.

On the first dive we went to Molokini's mid reef. We were unable to do the back wall because of a couple of newly certified divers but, that's OK, because diving any where at Molokini is a great dive. I got some great video of 7 or 8 foot white tip. Saw lots of eels a huge Manta and lots of colorful fish in abundance every where I looked. Every time I go to Molokini I see fish I haven't seen before. One of these days I'll have to ID everything I got on video.

The second dive was St. Anthony wreck. As we got there, we anchored and here comes another dive boat (wont say the name), basically right on top of us. I wasn't sure if they were going to actually run into our boat. You could have almost passed a cup of coffee to them they were that close to us. Kind of annoyed me! I wasn't sure if they did it on purpose or not, I didn't ask but, it was just a little strange.

A couple of days later, I went out again with Prodiver. Went to Molokini and did a drift at Reef's End. Then went over to Red Hill for the second dive. Red Hill is a fun dive. Lots of critters. I love it when the turtles pose for my camera :) It was a pretty shallow dive, I think the deepest was 50 feet. There was a little surge there but, made me feel right at home :)

Did a couple of shore dives, went out to Napili Bay which is a only about 20 feet at the deepest but, a great photo op there. The reef is usually very clear but, I have seem to work harder in 20 feet of surge. Still had a great time.

We stayed at Napili Kai Beach Resort for our trip on Maui. That place is so awesome. I've been going there since I was a teenager. It's a little expensive but, it's so worth it when your in a beach front room and 20 steps to the sand and into a beautiful calm bay of rolling waves. If you were on a air mattress it would rock you to sleep.
Beautiful sunsets with Lanai' and Molokai' in the background. Can't complain about that!

Wow...I really got into this trip report more than I thought I would at this hour of the night. I could go on and on about my trip but, I don't think any of you have the time to sit here and read for the next 2 hours, lol. This second run with my trip report, believe it or not is shorter than the one I lost.

I'll be back in November but, not sure if I'll have time to dive on Oahu. Might have to do lunch with Lisa and Roger though :) I have the Big Island on my list this time. My long time favorite band and personal friends of mine, the Doobie Brothers are playing on the Big Island and also on Maui with a couple of other friends of mine playing at the Maui Music Festival, so I'll be doing those shows as well as diving. Can't wait!

Hey Lisa...up for a Doobie Brother concert?

"Tanks" again for the dives Lisa and Roger! :kiss:

See you again soon but, not soon enough!

Thanks for the report - I look across the bay to the Napili Kai when I work nights - beautiful view.

napilibay2.jpg

Do you work over at the point Tim?

Yes, one of the best spots on Maui for a mai tai and a sunset :wink:

just sent you an email...:wink: Great report! Thanks for the time you put into it :D

Moved this into the main forum :wink:

calscubagirl:
Do you work over at the point Tim?

Yes, one of the best spots on Maui for a mai tai and a sunset :wink:

Point & Shores both. 3 nights each week. It's my part time job (one of them anyway lol)

kidspot:
Point & Shores both. 3 nights each week. It's my part time job (one of them anyway lol)

NICE!!!

I've never stayed on that side of Napili Bay (well...actually Napili Bay condos) but, I'm always swimming over there with the turtles.

A friend of mine was there yesterday so I looked her up on the live web cam and directed her to the turtles on that side.

kidspot:
My neighbors kids call that "turtle cove" - there are almost always 10-20 turtles in that little cove.

An appropriate name :wink:

Another thing that I love about Napili Bay is it's one of Maui's best kept secrets :eyebrow:

ACTUALLY...Napili is the worst beach on Maui and totally sucks!

:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom