Maui Underwater Photographers Society

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tortuga Roja

Reaction score
194123122_281adba7b3_o.jpg

Maui Underwater Photographers Society is a new underwater photo club that will have its first monthly meeting in Kihei on Sunday, August 13th.

Please join us!!!

The purpose of this club is to create an underwater photographer’s community on Maui. As a group we can learn more about this fascinating hobby by sharing our knowledge and having guest speakers help guide us along. We can also help promote the environmental awareness of camera toting divers. Mostly, we can have fun!

As a brand new organization, we are hoping to get a lot of input as to how to proceed so please attend our very first meeting with lots of ideas. Whether you have been diving with a camera for 30 years or you are just thinking about taking a camera on your next snorkel adventure, you are encouraged to join the fun.

One thing we expect to do at every meeting is to have a digital slide presentation of member photos. We would also like to have presentations on various subjects related to underwater photography from techniques to equipment.

A website will be developed to show off member photos, keep us updated on upcoming activities and share relevant links.

At this time there will be no membership dues as the club is sponsored by Maui Dreams Dive Company and Reeflections Underwater Photography.

If you would like to attend our first meeting to join up or learn more about the club, just email Mike Roberts at mike@tortuga-web.com or you can call or stop by Maui Dreams Dive Co. at 1993 South Kihei Rd. #22 -phone 874.5332

glad it was a success :)

sry I couldn't make it though...

Keep us informed how it continues to go

Aloha, Tim

Thanks Tim

I actually brought you up at the meeting. Not by name but as someone that could never make it on a Sunday. We had a vote for what day of the week to have the meetings but of course everyone that was there was free on Sundays so next meeting is Sunday, September 10th!!!!!!!!! at the Whale Sanctuary in Kihei. Sorry. But we aren't set in stone yet.

np Mike - by the turnout I'd keep it the same day/time slot actually...

But still keep us posted here - Those of us that can't attend will be glad to cheer ya' on :D

Aloha, Tim

Mike - excellent turnout!! So jealous - this is the biggest downside of living remote for me...not enough like minded souls so I have to live vicariously through you guys!

Did I read that correctly? *MAY* is the next meeting? Sigh... I was hoping it would be a monthly or quarterly thing so I could get in on it before the end of '06.

Oh well... at least I'll be on-island as of Sep 12! :D

Back
Top Bottom