E. Honolulu Change in LDS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HarveyO

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I don't know if anyone else posted this in the last couple of days, but it seems that we're going to have a change in LDS's out in East Honolulu. The Aloha Dive Shop is gone (as in closed, store emptied out), and Island Divers is moving in.(as in doing a clean up of the store with an opening soon to follow).

As I understand it IDH is not buying the Aloha Dive Ship boat, but is planning to use a small "tech" boat they own until they can get a bigger boat somewhere further down the line.

Since this location is minutes from where I live and I already dive with IDH this is good news for me.

that's awesome that it's moving to a bigger location, but will it become more geared towards tourists, as in raising prices, and less deals?

At least I don't have to drive to Hickam and wait at the gate to buy a reel. Do you know when they are opening there?

From what I can tell, they are the only shop on island that carries reels. When I went to Aaron's a couple of weekends ago, they claimed they always have them but were out. Sure.

I don't want to purchase it online and have to pay $10 to get it here.

They're keeping their Hickam location and will still have most of their gear out there. I suspect they can send something over though if you didn't want to go to Hickam.

I Like IDH, think that the Instructors are top notch safety minded. Gear prices though?????? Sometimes you can get Matt to barter. It should be a good move for the people out at Hawaii Kai. Good luck to Them!

There will be copious amounts of gear at both locations.

Copious... someone discovered a dictionary!

MM has a plethora of student loans.

Plethora was used on an epr I got once. I still laugh about it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom