Diver Certification

What is your highest certification and do you plan to continue taking courses?

• Not Certified

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Open Water

Votes: 5 11.4%
  • Advanced Open Water

Votes: 11 25.0%
  • Rescue Diver

• Master Diver

• Divemaster

Votes: 6 13.6%
  • Instructor

Votes: 12 27.3%
  • YES

Votes: 28 63.6%
  • NO

Votes: 10 22.7%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So, question...this post has almost 60 views, but only 12 people have voted. Can anyone speculate why someone would read this post and not vote? Just curious.

I would guess because of an incongruity between the topic and the poll question.

When I saw the topic, I thought it was someone wondering where they should get certified or what process, etc... when they were in Hawaii on vacation.

You would get a much greater response if posted in the Basic Forum, unless you want geographic specificity. If you do post again, I suggest changing “Master Diver”, a designation in the US Navy and requires the better part of a career to earn, to “Master Scuba Diver”, the name used by most certifying agencies (NAUI, PADI, SDI) and is slightly above rookie status.

To be of use, you may also want to include “Other”. I don’t know if it is possible for the Scubaboard Moderators, but they may be able to provide this information compiled from member profiles.

Thanks for the replies. I was looking for geographic specificity for this one. But I might post it in the basic forum later to get more data. I will probably add more categories too...maybe add the "other" and maybe "military diver"

Your list is incomplete and has nothing for any diver who has advanced beyond basic sport training. This too may help to explain why more views than responses. Certainly why I did not bother to fill it in.

Your list is incomplete and has nothing for any diver who has advanced beyond basic sport training. This too may help to explain why more views than responses. Certainly why I did not bother to fill it in.

Very true...I forgot about technical diving. I will add it in the future.

I was looking for geographic specificity for this one

Posting in the Hawaii forum doesn't gaurantee that... I found the poll looking in the New Threads, didn't even notice what forum it was in until I read this post

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom