Maui Rental cars

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Steve Eady

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Just booked a condo for another dive trip to Maui June 26th thru july 4th. The retal cars are way expensive those dates. Anyone have any ideas for cheaper cars ?

Thanks in advance
Steve

I was amazed when I saw cars were running $300 a week! We'll be there at the same time (for 3 weeks) and feel lucky to have reserved very early and got a decent rate. You could try the jeeps through Maui Dive Shop....??

Thank's so much for the tip!! We were looking at renting minivan for upcoming trip to Maui first week in August. All the usual big names were almost $500 for the week. We'll definitely check them out.

Aloha car rentals usually has good rates. Now called Al west mini vans I think. Just off the airport grounds.
try carrentals.com too

Thanks everyone, can't wait to get back there and go diving

Hey Steve good to see you headed back to Maui. I will get the scooters ready. We went to Ukumehame today for a friends birthday dive. Didnt see any Mantas but great dive. By the way, I am going to Sacramento for three days on June 5th and the rental car is $300. They stick it to you during the summer season.

Try Kihei Rent A Car. They always seem to have decent rates on older model cars. Best part is in their cars you appear more "local" and you can cruise around unnoticed. They do airport pick up and drop off too. Tell them Shaka Doug sent you!

+1 for Shaka's suggestion.

Also, if you get a high ground clearance car - like a small Jeep - you CAN safely do the Road Trip to Hana - full circle. There's a "road" that is not recommended on the South side, my rental made me sign a waiver that if I damage the jeep for going on that road, I'm responsible.
So that scared me away.

Talking to many locals - they said boo - it's an easy drive for a jeep, just that you can't go fast.

+1 for jeep - getting to the various "hidden" beaches. B-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l

I was there in Oct 2011 - gas was 4.54$/gal, and driving some 700 miles I had to fill-up at least 4 times (15-16 gals) plus a 1/4 tank the last day.

Compared to the Prius that would do nearly all that on one tank of 8 gal.

Back
Top Bottom