Diving on Oahu

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CGADivebum

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Headed to Oahu in a few weeks. Looking for suggestions of who to dive with. Can anyone recommend a good LDS on Oahu?
Thanks

What kind of diving do you plan on doing. Like boat or Shore dives. But you have a few shops like Island divers good shop an on the North shore in Haleiwa is a dive shop called Deep Ecology. This time of year the north shore is nice. A lot of shore diving. Sharks cove great dive, three tables, the fire house all good dives.I have about 100+ or so dives on oahu so if you need some more specific info let me know.

Looking for boat diving but not opposed to shore. Whatever will get me the best dive. I plan to do some U/W Photography. I have been out a few times and tried different shops but always end up on the Corsair, Sea Tiger, spittong caves and some other reefs. All have been good dives but I would like to see something new. This is the first time I have been in the summer months and have never dove North Shore. I think I may head that way. Can you recommend a good shop?
Thanks

Deep Ecology is the shop on the north shore they rent gear and there is an awesome breakfast place right next door highly recommend. Also there is diveoahu they have on a shop in Kaneohe bay and do dives on the north shore. But I would definitely check out shore dives on the north shore. Also easy shore dive but a lot of sea creatures at electric beach but don’t follow just go out to the pipe after you get in the water follow the corral formations and cavers to the left instead of going to the end of the pipe. Electric beach is also a nice spot to do night dives, but definitely check out where the pipe discharges the hot water lots of fish. Oh and look into doing a boat dive to Makaha Caverns it possible to make it a shore dive but it’s a long swim. I have some video from e few dives at electric beach. cool awesome diving video.m4v - YouTube

i would talk to Gabe Scotti at Kaimana Divers. You can google them for thier phone number. Gabe is also online here int he HI forum. He runs a very professional operation that I have been out on durring multiple trips to the islands. He gets my recomendation every time. If you have specific questions, feel free to PM me.
Myles

Yes, during Summer months, dive Sharks Cove and Three Tables at least one day.

And then for your "something different" than the Waikiki/Hawaii Kai dive-sites, definitely go out with Ocean Concepts on the West-side.
[They'll still pick you up from Waikiki if that's where you are.]
Scuba Diving Oahu with Ocean Concepts Hawaii - Waikiki, Honolulu, Hawaii

On the West-side there's another big shipwreck called the "Mahi". And, reef-sites like Black-Rock and Makaha Caverns.

Thank you AKdeepdiver. I got home earlier this week. I booked with Gabe and had an awesome couple of days diving. Spent one day at Shark cove and another on the west side where we dove the Mahi and Airplane Canyon. Had a great time, Dave and Christine were outstanding, fun and professional. I will definately dive with Kaimana divers the next time I am on Oahu and recommend them to anyone and everyone.

I dove with Gabe's second (Drew) and he was awesome!

A friend of mine recently dove with Gabe and had mixed reviews.

Personally, I'd dive with him/Drew again. The service was excellent.

-Crush

Back
Top Bottom