Temps off Maui around mid-June?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ASA400

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'll be doing some diving off Maui and Lanai in mid-June. Can someone clue me in on what the current water temps are in the area? I'll be doing some Maui reef, Molokini, and cathedrals on Lanai.

Thanks!

Jerry

This buoy is off the backside of Lanai. NDBC - Station 51203
Probably not too far from the Cathedrals.
5-day plot - Water Temperature Water Temperature (WTMP): 76.1 °F
B&B Scuba posts it on their website also: Maui Scuba Diving - Molokini Dive Charters, Guided Shore Diving, Scuba Gear Rentals

Jun/4/2012
Site Name: Molokini Center Reef
Maui Diving Visibility: 100-200 feet
Maui Water Temp.: 75 degrees
Marine Life: Garden Eels, Giant Trevally (Ulua), Moorish Idol, Pennant Butterflyfish, White Tip Reef Shark

Site Name: Pu'u Olai (Red Hill)
Maui Diving Visibility: 50-100 feet
Maui Water Temp.: 75 degrees
Marine Life: Crocodile Snake eel, Frogfish, Green Turtle, Leaf Scorpionfish, Octopus

Thanks for the info, just confirms that my records from the end of last June showed 76-77 consistently! Planning for 77ish this year when we're there in July. :)

It'll be toasty!!! It's all in how you look at it. It was nice for me today (75 - 77) but one little kid said he was cold. Everyone is different. Use a 3 mm full suit and flood it good as soon as you get in the water and I'll bet you last an hour and are still comfortable.

Thanks guys, I was planning on bringing my 3mil suit, but was also thinking of bringing my 3mm hooded vest. Seems like all I'll need is my 2mil beanie along with the 3mil suit.

I dive here 2 to 3 times a week with my 3 mil and it is fine. On the other hand my wife dives with her 7 mil while we scooter dive. It was 75 at 65' to 77 at 15'

Back
Top Bottom