Kohala recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Professor_Chaos

Registered
Reaction score
I'll be staying up in Kohala for a few days in July, and was looking for recommendations. I've been diving down by Kona quite a few times, so I don't need to go down there.

Shore diving versus boat? Good operators? I'll be a solo diver so independent diving is out.

thanks much!

Well, it's been a few years, but I have fond memories of my first non-OW qual dives with Kohala Divers The Great Staff at Kohala Divers . I'm pretty sure it was Robyn who took our small party out, and we had a great time. They have a nice little dive shop and their boat dock is just across the road...lots of parking. I don't think there's much by way of shore diving in the area, but it's a short boat ride out to their customary dive sites.

IIRC, we dove Frog Rock and the Lava Dome. Good times! [Damn but I'd like to be going back to Hawaii...not before 2014, unfortunately...]

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom